Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekly Wishes

I love you---Kid style

If you're new to Weekly Wishes, its just a place where I talk about my totally not hair related goals or how I want to rock my world this week. It gives me space for reflection on the previous week and a cozy place to prepare for the days ahead without getting stuck in the fact that Monday's aren't my favorite day by any means. You can join me by posting your aspirations and wishes for the week then linking up with Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective.

LAST (LAST) WEEK'S WISH:
I came up with this master plan for a surprise date night with my hubby. One that excluded the little people that we claim on our taxes, talk of potty training or anything at all related to our life's hectic organized chaos schedule. I scoped out the perfect date night outfit, the perfect date night dinner reservations, and the perfect date babysitters. Then I got perfectly sick. I'm talking sore throat, possible double ear infection, bed covered in snotty tissues perfectly sick. Our date night turned into snuggling on couch with our Netflixs DVDs that have been collecting dust for about 2 weeks. Meh. Whatever. This is life and it's most certainly still a #win in my book!

THIS WEEK'S WISH:
This week, I'm challenging myself to seven days of kind acts for my hubby. Kinda in honor of Valentine's Day; Kinda because he's pretty awesome and deserves it. Yesterday, I picked up his favorite candy. Today, I warmed up his car for him before work. Tomorrow, I'll pick up the garbage can from the curb for him. Nothing major or extravagant. I just a week full of bits of kind to show him that we're on the same team and that I still adore him.

What are you wishing for this week? Big it big or small---it all starts today!

Besitos!
KLP

18 comments:

  1. Awww! The acts of kindness are such a cute and creative way to celebrate V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww its the little things that makes the biggest difference in relationships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird because I forced myself not to expect anything in return, then he starts his own liitle #opkind by inviting me out on a lunch date! I guess when you give kindness freely it always comes back in one way or another...

      Delete
  3. Awww love it all, cuddling on couch with hubby and Netflix movies doesn't get any better than that, seemingly small things make a huge impact!! Oh hope you feel better too=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra. I already feel 100% better. This weather ain't no joke!

      Delete
  4. Are you going to shower him with kisses too? Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I'm not as snotty and coughy I will! Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I think I'll start a similar "little things" project for my hubby tomorrow! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your kind acts goals-- I think I may need to instate this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect my hubby to notice or even care about the simple acts of kindness and affection that I displayed, but he totally did! I'm thankful for a receptive and gracious hubby!

      Delete
  7. Wao. This is soooo sweet. This is my favorite weekly wish so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I love your wish this week, that's so lovely x

    www.myeverydaytreats.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable! I'd make this a wish for my husband too...if I was wedded lol

    Abbi of BelowtheWaist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there soon enough! Then you can do you own #opkind!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!