Friday, June 12, 2015

Asian Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps | #FitnessFriday


I love me some rice. I used to eat rice 2-3 times a week in various forms. Red rice, brown rice, yellow rice, white rice... You name it---I love that ish. But when did rice start to have so many calories! Smh. Global warming ruins ERRYYTTHHIINNGGG!

You see, I started tracking my calories (yes...I'm still doing it! #fistbump) and actually measuring out my food. When I saw that my rice side dish was over 200 calories alone---I realized that it was time to scale it back a notch. Plus---I kinda have no will power. Just a little bit of rice just ain't enough...

So, I've changed all of my staple rice dishes into lettuce wraps! <insert drooling emoticon>

Last week, I whipped up these delish Asian Inspired Chicken Lettuce Wraps! The ingredients are pretty straight forward, the execution is beyond easy. The best part? My kids gobble these down like rabbits. Yeppers---this recipe is a keeper.

Am I giving up rice all together?


Girl, heck no!

Happy #FitnessFriday chicas! What's new on your menu this summer?

Besitos!
KLP




10 comments:

  1. Those lettuce wraps look absolutely DIVINE!!! Light and filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diatta. Omgosh they are sooooo good. Filing but not heavy if that makes any sense!

      Delete
  2. I've never had lettuce wraps before. These look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanna, if you're into tapas/small plates then lettuce wraps are probably right up your alley.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Rice doesn't have that much calories! If you have the Brown version it has lots of fiber as well. I think it is good for adults. For kids with smaller stomachs, they might fill it with to much rice before Saving room for veggies and vitamine and that is somethibg to watch out for. But for adults, i think rice can be a good source of fibre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa,

      For me, portion control is always the issue. The amount of rice I want versus the amount of calories it contains is the problem. LOL.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I can eat rice all day everyday! cooked differently of course:) I love rice I can't imagine a world without rice lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be the rice lover but now I eat it occasionally maybe one a month, what I've been making as an alternative is 'Cauliflower Rice' its definitely not regular rice but it's a damn good alternative that has kept me off eating rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...Cauliflower rices sounds good. But I doubt that I'd reach for it when I;m really craving rice. If I could control my portion size, this wouldn't even be an issue. *le sigh*

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!