Thursday, April 24, 2014

Wash Day | 6 weeks post {keyda}

Hola Chicas!


I have been enjoying a few new products in rotation within my hair regimen. I have been really pushing to maintain my regimen without falling to my stresses of work....and just laziness! Wish me luck! :)

[A] Detangled with my fingers at the root and with my magic comb! I had 2 knots :( but I did not sleep with my hair wrapped on vacay lol ...just wanted to indulge myself!

[B] Pre-shampoo with my essential oil mix on my scalp and EVOO on the length of my hair.

[C] Co-wash with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner.

DC
[D] Protein Treatment with Aphogee 2 Step Treatment. I am not a fan of the smell but I also like to use ALL of a product before purchasing a new product. I actually put my head under some heat for 10 minutes with the product in. I really wanted the protein to get in there!

[E] DC with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. This is a new product that is in rotation. I actually really like it so far. Also placed Chi Silk Infusion over my entire head. Stayed under heat cap for an hour.

[F] Black Tea rinse with a dab of Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer.
[G] Air dried my hair about 80% then spraying Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer all over and a dab of Koils by Nature Perfectly Peppermint Hair Butter through my hair.


My Hair Reality:

My hair felt strong and moisturized fully! I was very pleased with my wash day experience and just hope I can keep up with my moisturizing/sealing through out the week. I decided to braid my hair after being pinspired! It is a simple Crown Braid! I have been able to accessorize this style so easily and barely touch my hair...win! Now, I must admit that has spring approaches my scalp has been needing more taming. I am hoping that I keep the irritation and flakiness at bay with my tea rinses and essential oil mix! Wish me luck! Sad news... I have no more argan oil :( ....it is soooo expensive...so I will probably use grape seed oil until I bring enough change lol for my argan oil!


Check out our wash day experience! How was your wash day!?

xoxo
Keyda


11 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this pic and your goddess braids! I can't wait to read your review of the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have pictures of the crown braid? I'd to try it but mine doesn't ever sit right. I'm not sure why exactly.

    mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I look at your hair, I can only sit and wish mine would get there faster. :) Your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo chica! It shall! :) believe me, my hair is still getting there! #hairjourney

      Delete
  4. Love thecrown braid, I am hopeless at braids, i always do an inverted cornrow, how i still don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love braids! :) Ooo you can get it! I am a lefty so it took me a while to learn myself!

      Delete
  5. I love you hair is this post, the goddess braids are beautiful. We had sort of the same idea this week, I put my into two french braid. Maybe I will try this style later, can you post a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!