Wednesday, March 06, 2013

[Review] Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm

Price: 19.99 for 16.9 fl oz. (500ml)

Purchased at: Amazon (also available in smaller sizes at most grocery stores)

Promises: For very dry, thick and coarse hair. Deeply moisturizes while controlling unwanted volume. As it helps seals the cuticle, it locks out humidity and eases away frizzes.

Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tricontanyl PVP, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate-20, Shea Butter 

Directions: After Biolage Hydrating Shampoo, massage into wet hair. Leave in 1-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. 

How I use it: Deep Conditioner

My Thoughts: This is my #2 staple deep conditioner. I love it so much that when it's on sale, I will not hesitate to buy every. single. one. on. the. shelf. After the Christmas holiday, a local salon that my suegra frequents had a gift sets of the Hydrating shampoo (which I will review in a few weeks) and this conditioner on sale for $10. She called me to see if I was interested. I told her to buy every one that they had. This conditioner is just that good. If you love thick, rich, and creamy conditioners---this one is your friend. The smell is heavenly. Not to strong yet distinct. When I apply it to my hair, I feel like it melts into my strands. Then after a deep condition with heat, my hair feels like butter. Incredibly soft, smooth, frizz free and happy hair with every use. I also noticed that my hair seems to stay moisturized longer when I use it. This is one product who's promises are legit. 

Have you ever tried any products from Matrix Biolage's Hydratherapie line?

Un mil besitos!

KLP

8 comments:

  1. If this is your number two staple... what is your number one??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question- Halka Baba de Caracol. You can check out my review here: http://savingourstrands.blogspot.com/2013/02/product-review-halka-baba-de-caracol.html

      If I was stranded on a desert island--The snails would fear me. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  2. Is this purposed to be a deep conditioner because the directions says to leave it on the hair for just three minutes ? Do you ever used it that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's "marketed" as a deep conditioner per se, but I do know that it takes me longer than 3 minutes to apply it to my hair. Ha-ha! I usually leave my deep conditioners in for at least 30 minutes. I tried this conditioner with and without heat. Without heat its great but with heat (like most conditioners) its AH-mazing!

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the quick response.
    I'm quiet not sure whether to get this or the Matrix Biolage Aqua-immersion Creme Masque for my 'quick deep condition in the shower' after rinsing out the Shampoo since i mainly deep condition on dry hair before shampoo.
    Mhm this wont be a easy decision...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...decisions decisions. I've never tried the Aqua-Immersion, but the ingredients list looks quite yummy. If I see it around, I'd definitely give (the mini size) a try.

      Lately, I've been doing "mini washes" where I don't shampoo and only deep condition with heat on dry hair. I've used this as my conditioner before and it was awesome. You can check it out here: http://savingourstrands.blogspot.com/2013/02/mini-wash-day.html

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  4. 3 Minutes only ? lol everytime I read "3" i Actually leave it in for 13 min lol

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!