Friday, April 26, 2013

[Review] Chi Silk Infusion

Chi Silk Infusion
Price: 27.99 for 12oz

Purchased at: Amazon.com

Promises: 
  •     Silk Reconstructing Complex no pH
  •     Rich leave in treatment
  •     Enriched with pure silk along with wheat and soy proteins
  •     Alcohol free
  •     Ceramic heat will insure deep penetration of silk proteins
  •     Strengthens the hair
  •     Provides incredible softness
  •     Adds manageability and shine without any build up
Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

Directions: Apply a small amount into palm of hand and work evenly throughout the hair. Leave in and proceed with styling.

My Thoughts: When I first purchased Silk Infusion about 4 years ago, I thought to myself "Surely I have lost my mind." I bought it from Ulta (The only place where I could locate it) and it was $40! Today, you can find this amazing elixir anywhere. Its sold in my local grocery store, Wal-Mart, and tons of online retailers. Because there are more distributors, now the price is a little easier to swallow. The good news is that my 12 oz bottle (the bottle in the picture is my 6oz size that I travel with) lasts for 6 months! Yes---no type-o: that's six months. 

Before a product makes it onto my "must have list," it has to have a great scent, live up to its promises, and it must have more than one place in my regimen (I heart multitasking products). The scent is amazing. Between you and me, it reminds me of my husband's cologne, but a little better. He-he! #judgementfreezone chicas On it's promises, Silk Infusion never fails to deliver. I actually don't have breakage issues and I can surely can give Silk Infusion some of the credit for that. (If only it stopped shedding too. Then I'd have to buy the company!) The consistency is that of a serum; silky and very light. I don't feel that its oily and even with daily use, my hair doesn't feel weighed down from build up. I learned not to be heavy handed with this one, because a little goes a long way. I love the smoothness, shine, and tameability that it gives my hair. I've used it in tons of different ways all with fabulous results: 
  • To lock in moisture during a pre-poo
  • To aid in protecting the previously relaxed portions of my hair during touchups
  • To assist in detangling
  • To strengthen my hair while using direct heat
  • To provide a daily protein/strengthening treatment to my ends
  • To provide shine and softness
Have you ever used Chi Silk Infusion? 

Besitos!
KLP 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Chi for rollersetting and when I used to wet wrap my hair. The shine, silkiness, smoothness, and softness (all those 's' though??) was insane. I haven't used it in a while because I had to replace it with something cheaper, but if I ever see it on sale, I would definitely scoop some up. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past, I was able to find it at TJ Maxx and Marshalls for $19.99. Whenever I did, I would buy all that they had. Sadly, I haven't found it there in about a year. But that doesn't keep me from checking the beauty section anyway. You just never know with retailers like that. Hit or miss.

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to try this one for a while, but it is pricey. I ended up purchasing the Sally's generic value version of it, but haven't really gotten to use it yet. I'm hoping it will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the generic version at Sally's!

      Delete
  3. I tried this a looong time ago pre-HJ and I remember loving it. The smell is great and it added a special 'oomph' to my hair then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using it pre-HHJ as well. Its one of the only products that I was able to keep in rotation.

      Thanks for following and commenting!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!