Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekly Wishes

My daughter (c) 3 months; Sleeping peacefully
If you're new to Weekly Wishes, its just a place where I talk about my goals or how I want to rock my world this week. It gives me space for reflection on the previous week and a cozy place to prepare for the days ahead without getting stuck in the fact that Monday's aren't my favorite day by any means. You can join me by posting your aspirations and wishes for the week then linking up with Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective.

LAST WEEK'S WISH:
When I told my hubby that I was giving him an upgraded wife for his birthday (thanks to this life changing 30 day denotational by Jennifer Smith), I never thought that I'd get an upgraded hubby too. He's been extra kind, extra supportive, and extra huggable all week. Over the weekend we planned Daddy/Son, Mommy daughter morning for our kids and met up for a lunch date. It was really a blast. I love getting girl time with my little lady and I know that my son absolutely adores having time to himself with daddy. Later that day, we totally got into planning for our little guy's big day next weekend. We're doing a Little Einstein (only people with kids will know what in the world they are!) themed party so my hubby decided to get artsy and build a rocket. No joke. This man crafted and is getting ready to paint a giant rocket for the kiddos to play in during the party. Claro que si it's made of cardboard---don't go calling the NSA on us!

THIS WEEK'S WISH: My wish this week is so simple yet mind-boggling difficult: I want to sleep like a baby. Specifically getting 7 hours of sleep. Every night. All week. I'm awake until midnight most nights then I have to be back up @ 5am. Although, I'm a total morning person, I'm just not getting enough sleep. So this week, I'm super motivated to get more beauty rest. I know that my body and mind will thank me. And I think that it will help me with my struggle for focus. I'm also continuing my #WifeAfterGod journey. Eleven days down, 29 to go. You can check out my progress on Twitter.
What are you wishing for this week? Big it big or small---it all starts today!
 
Besitos!    
KLP

10 comments:

  1. Happy resting! Glad to hear good things are happening for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! Who knew that getting more sleep would be so difficult!

      Delete
  2. Good for you on trying to get more sleep-- it makes such a difference in day-to-day life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lived on 5 hours or less for about 4 years---I think that its time to try something a little different. Thanks for stopping by Kayli!

      Delete
  3. I always adore your weekly wishes posts! Best of luck this week with your beauty rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "So simple yet mind-boggling difficult" is the truth! That is a great wish, that I regularly fail at. I pray it goes well for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all give me baby fever with all 'em cute pics! lol
    I have been really blessed to not have sleep issues and I have always allocated enough time for sleep. Nothing comes between sleep and I! lol Good luck with your weekly wish.

    Abbi of BelowtheWaist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You're so silly Abbi! Babies are at their cutest when they're sleeping peacefully!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!