Tuesday, November 03, 2015

[Hairstyle] High Ponytail | The #WashDayExperience



I'm treating you guys to a regular old #washdayexperience this week!

AND I tried a new product.


Yep Yep. Your girl is doing BIG THANGS right hurrr

*giggles hysterically*

Feel free to judge me. I'm an absolute mess!



Anywhos, here's what products I used in my #washdayexperience:

Pre-shampoo- Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner
Shampoo- Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo
Strenthening Treatment- Aubrey's GPB Conditioner (NEW!)
Leave-ins- Almond Oil + Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner + EVCO

And here's how I did it:
I unraveled my twists and slathered my hair in Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. My love for this stuff goes deep. So deep that I buy it in bulk, several gallons at a time. Again, you may feel free to judge me. LOL. But what I do know is that it's amazing slip was great for detangling and removing my week's worth of shed hair.

Right after pre-shampooing, I went ahead and jumped into the shower, rinsed the conditioner, and shampooed twice using Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo. I haven't bothered diluting my shampoos anymore because (1) I only shampoo about once a month so I want to really clean my hair and (2) shampoo (especially) just doesn't strip my natural hair. I'm not sure if its because my hair has been ultra moisturized or if it's because my natural curls isn't as dry as my texlaxed hair was.


I used Aubrey's GPB conditioner as my protein treatment. I've been moisturizing my hair like crazy and I know from experience that my hair thrives with regular strengthening treatments.I applied the coditioner to my damp clean hair, covered with a plastic cap, and sat under my heat cap for about 1.5 hours. I'll definitely give you guys a thorough review once I finish the bottle, but let me tell you: I was VERY impressed with how amazing my hair felt after rinsing this conditioner. Strong. Resilient. "Plumper." My curls were crazy defined and tightly coiled. But UBER soft. #winning #winning #WINNING

I applied my leave ins: Almond Oil + Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner + EVCO then two strand twisted my hair in random sections. I pulled all of the twists back into a low pony tail then let it dry overnight.



The next morning, I decided that I'm really OVER my big hair look, so I went with this crazy cute high ponytail. This is one of my FAVORITE ways to wear my natural hair and these Kurly Klips didn't disappoint in recreating the look! (I pretty much followed this tutorial to the letter)

I'll probably wear this look for the rest of the week, but y'all, I think that I need a break from my clip-ins. I love them. Don't get it twisted. But I realllly miss my hair. Any style recommendations?

How was your #washdayexperience?




17 comments:

  1. 1.5hours wow! So glad your are finding different ways to use your kurly klips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I totally fell asleep with the heat cap on. LOL!

      Delete
  2. So cute love the ponytail! I also missing my hair I have been wearing my wig for about a 1-2 months straight now! But I am trying to hold out until December when I relaxed, to help retain my length!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keoshia! I don't think that I'll last until Decemeber! Pray for me!

      Delete
  3. I love the pony tail!! What style can you not do with those clip ins. They are on my wish list for sure! For new style siggestions...hmm...how bout a perm rod set? Big curly hair is always a plus! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The versatility with these clip ins is pretty amazeballs!

      I love my perm rods but I really need a break from BIG BIG hair. LOL. I honestly never thought that I would say that! I guess that my love for buns, braids, and updos runs too deep!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  4. These Klips are giving me life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to find Aubrey's GPB Conditioner in stores and couldn't find it to save my life. I look forward to your review. I heard that it was very good for protein treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always had that conditioner on my "want-to-try" list but never got around to it! Now that I'm not using chemicals, I've been trying to determine when and if my hair needs protein - after reading this I think I will try it (finally). Will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! My hair loves protein. I can definitely feel (my curls feel smooth and pump) and see (the definition is amazeballs) the difference.

      Delete
  7. Bought my kurly klips, will be copying your styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promise that you will LOVE them! Just be careful...You might get addicted to them!

      Delete
  8. The pony tail blends in with your hair very well! Don't you miss your hair though?

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!