Tuesday, May 20, 2014

How To Use A Solid Shampoo Bar



My hair hates shampoo. I promise that I'm not being my usual dramatic self. I'm oh so serious. Typical shampoos leave my hair stripped, stringy, and tangled. I hate it, but I understand that it's a necessary evil in my regimen especially when I my hair feels coated from a build up of residue from conditioners and other styling products. My favorite shampoo has been Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo for a while now. It cleans my scalp whilst being very gentle and super moisturizing for my strands. Then a few months ago won a Bobeam contest from Natural Haven (hey JC!) and I've been madly in love with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar. Here's how I use it: 

How To Use A Solid Shampoo Bar

  1. Detangle and section hair before you wash. If you're petrified of stripped and tangled hair like me, try pre-shampooing with extra virgin coconut oil for about 20 minutes.
  2. Saturate with water to thoroughly rinse hair your hair in the shower.
  3. Form lather by rubbing shampoo bar between hands. 
  4. Apply lathered hands to one section of hair focusing on your roots and scalp. Repeat until complete.
  5. Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap and suds completely.




And for my visual learners (hey y'all!). Here's a quick video from the best smelling store on the planet: Lush! Lush specializes in gorgeously green and awesomely handmade beauty products.



Soon I'll share what shampoo bars are on my wish list---as if I'm gonna run out of this Bobeam bar anytime in the near future. Ha-ha! And I'll show you how I store my solid shampoo bar so that it lastest forever (kinda). 

Have you used a solid shampoo bar? What's your fave?

Besitos!
KLP

10 comments:

  1. I have always been intrigued with your shampoo bar, are there any particular ingredients to look out for in them, or do they have a similar structure to liquid shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll want a bar free of all the stuff that you'd hate in a liquid shampoo: sulfates, alcohols, and (because my hair hates it in shampoos) no protein. Great question Yvonne!

      Delete
  2. I have a shampoo bar that I forget to use. *shameful* Great info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Divachyk! I admit that sometimes I forget to use mine too!

      Delete
  3. I used to be a huge fan of the Chagrin Valley bars. I liked the butter and ayurvedic shampoo bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *rushes to bookmark Chagrin Valley* Any reason why you stopped using them?

      Delete
  4. Great tutorial! I love the "How To" graphics. Thanks for the
    Bobeam shoutout ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this very detailed tutorial! I'm looking into getting the Bobeam bar and the Marshmallow bar, now! I hope my hair likes them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sooooo welcome! I hope that your hair falls madly in love!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!