Thursday, July 07, 2016

10 Cute Vacation Hairstyles For Natural Hair

Summer brings out the best in my curls. The volume and my fluffy kinks give me all kinds of LIFE. But...it also brings out the worse in my hair. Think frizz and a mind boggling amount of SHRINKAGE. And when I'm on vacation, I just got no time for my hair's unpredictability. So on those days when my hair just won't act right, I toss it up into one of these uber cute fun in the sun vacation hairstyles:



1/ KURLY KLIPS [Clip in Extensions] (tutorial)

What I love about Kurly Klips is that they are quick, easy, and you can keep all of your hair hidden while still rocking big bad hair.

RELATED: How I Protect My Hair Under Kurly Klips

2/ TOP KNOT (tutorial)

The top knot will always be in season. Especially when it's hot, hazy, and humid. Adding a flirty flower accessory gives this style a fun vacation feel.

3/ DOUBLE DUTCH BRAID + BRAID (tutorial)

Two braids pulled into a low bun. Simple. Easy. Quick. Uber cute! I loved this style whilst I relaxed my hair but it's even better now that my hair is curly! 

4/ TUCK & ROLL (tutorial)

I literally tuck, roll, and pin my curls up into this style. It takes no effort at all, keeps my hair tamed, and looks like I spent more than 5 minutes getting myself together. Win Win!


5/ HEADBAND + CURLS (tutorial)

Just like adding a head band---the second easiest way to jazz up your vacation look is with a flirty fun headband. Head bands work double duty for me. It's a way to smooth my edges and give my messy updos an intentional look.

6/ LOW BUN (tutorial)

I love this low bun because it's voluminous, doesn't snatch my edges, and super comfortable. I don't have to use weave or one of those cute mesh donut thingamajigs either. The best part of this updo is that it doesn't ruin my curls. At night, I take all the pins out, shake my hair out then band it. (here are the dets on how I band my hair) When I release the bands the next morning, all I have to do is fluff and go! This is how I wore my hair the next day!

7/ TURBAN + PUFF (tutorial)

The high puff is my go to style when the heat and humidity makes me feel like I'm going to spontaneously combust. Adding a turban gives the style an extra oomph and va va voom.

8/ SIDE SWEPT WASH & GO (tutorial)

Wash and go's are perfect the summer. Here's a cute way to jazz it up: pull all your curls over to the side then add a few hair pins and maybe a decorative head band to give the style even more pizazz. This style works well for any curl set; especially perm rods!

9/ HEADWRAP (tutorial)

The absolutely easiest, chicest, sassiest, solution to your vacation hair problems. Just throw a colorful patterned headscarf on, add some hoop earrings, then call it done! With so many ways to tie a headscarf and their affordability, how can you say no?

10/ FISHTAIL BRAIDS (tutorial)

Goddess braids are super versatile. They're perfect for pool side lounging and vogue enough for a night out. The key to a thick braid is to gently tuck on each side of the braid to fluff it out.

What's your favorite vacation style? Link it up below!

Besitos!
KLP




33 comments:

  1. I just love your hair accessories! So many cute style options that I need to try out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love these hair styles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all.

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello chica! I'm just stopping by to say hi. I hope the kids and hubby are okay. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nerline! We're well! Life is just hectic right now! I'll be back soon!

      Delete
  5. I really need to up my hair accessories game! Love the styles!! :) I did two puff in HI! :) hehe so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so adore number 8! Where did you get the golden leaf accessories??? Are those clips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a head band! I wish that I could remember where I picked it up. My best guess is either in a World Market or a flea market while I was on vacay! Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous hairstyles! I'll be giving a few of these a try at the weekend, holiday is next month so perfect timing :) No. 4 is my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hair styles! #5 is my favorite! I gotta invest in some headbands. Miss you posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not...

      that was a scarf that I folded to headband width!!!

      #resourceful

      Delete
  9. Your hair is so beautiful!

    Kimberly
    fromawildflower.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracy!!

      That style is one of my favorites too! I'm glad that your daughter loves it. Plus you're teaching her to how to manage and on love her! What a great mama you are!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  11. Hey girl. Just stopping by to see how you're doing. Hope all is well. Miss you, chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there gorgeous! Thanks for checking in on me! I hope to be back to blogging soon!

      Delete
    2. Was just about to post a similar comment! Happy thanksgiving.

      Delete
    3. Me too! Hope you are well chica merry christmas!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Hey Abena! I'm well...getting better everyday! thanks for thinking of me love!

      Delete
  13. i love all of these looks, I am so lazy with my natural hair. I need to find a good curl definer.

    xoxo Falasha

    www.bitemyfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to stay away from gels but now that I understand how to layer my products...nothing keeps my curls defined like eco styler gel! Maybe it will work for you too.

      Delete
  14. Hi! We all miss your posts. Please drop us a brief line to let us know that all is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm missing my SOSHair family too Roslyn. I hope to be back soon!

      Delete
  15. You may also be able to get details about vacation rental insurance that is very necessary while being on vacations.MyBahamasVacations.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!