Wednesday, April 30, 2014

[Hairstyle] Side French Tuck + Head Wrap | Wash Day


It took everything in me to wash my hair this week. I've been attacked by the flu, molly whopped by allergies and pimp slapped by the rainy weather. Nothing is cooperating with me. Including my hair. Where are the scissors!?! That long bob is looking more and more appealing! I kid I kid! I'm just being dramatic or maybe it's the DayQuil talking... Any who, here's how my wash day went:
  1. Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil. 
  2. Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
  3. Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on my roots and Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque on my ends. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour.
  4. Rosemary Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea + 1 part aloe vera juice + 2 springs of rosemary, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  5. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  6. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  7. Leave ins- I used the LOC method, starting with a little extra virgin coconut oil, Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, + a dab of Chi Silk Infusion (heat protectant) on my ends then tension blow dried by roots on cool to speed up my drying time and bantu knotted in about 10 sections.


Results:

I'm grateful that detangling was easy because I felt some kinda awful. Then, it was pouring raining when I unraveled my hair, so I didn't bother wearing it out. It would have been a mess in a matter of minutes. I figured that I'd keep it simple. I pulled my hair into a side tuck using a banana clip (you can find the tutorial here), swooped my bangs over and tied my hair up in one of my fave infinity scarves. Boom. Done.

In other news. I really like the Bobeam Shampoo Bar. I don't usually review products until I've emptied the container, but this bar will probably last several more months. I totally won't make you wait that long for a review! My shed hair was a joke. Thank you tea rinse and protein layering! I'd forgotten how well my hair behaves when I add a protein rich conditioner from the line of demarcation to my ends.

How was your wash day?

Besitos!
KLP



The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 





29 comments:

  1. Awe happy to hear you made it through your wash day with ease there's nothing better than that especially at seven months post relaxer! Super cute styling, love the scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wash day was literally refreshing. I am waiting for that review on the shampoo bar. I had to leave your site for a minute because I was checking out the price. Your hair looks nice as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I promise the review will be up soon! Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  3. Graças boneca! Lamentamos, Meu português está enferrujado! Obrigada pela visita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the style! I was about to ask about the shampoo bar, sounds like a win win win! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After using that shampoo bar I kinda wondered why I'd been sleeping on them for so long. I was really impressed! Review coming soon chica! Scouts honor!

      Delete
  5. I like this #washdayexperience tag! Very fun way to find out about new products and know what bloggers are doing with their hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'd love to have you join Dabs! Your hair is just gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. I have been eyeing the macadamia oil deep treatment mask!! You must let me know if it is worth it!! :) And you tempt me to try aloe vera!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this tube on sale at Ulta for some ridiculous dirt cheap price and I'm definitely glad that I bought two. I'd definitely buy again especially if I can get that price again. I seriously doubt that I'd ever pay full retail price for it though. :/ You can check out the review here chica! Product Review: Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque

      Delete
  7. Wish you better soon. Very pretty scarf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a cheap and cheerful co-wash a couple of days ago because like you, the odds have been stacked against me. I've got stitches on one of my arms and although I've been told it's fine to get them wet, I don't really want to! But you've inspired me - I'm going to try for a proper wash soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! How did you come to need stitches? I think that I'd be afraid to get them wet too chica!

      Delete
    2. Had one of those random at home accidents that needs to be seen to be believed! Also, my wash day may have involved just the one rubber glove :P

      Delete
    3. You gotta do what you gotta do right? Ha-ha! I'm accident prone too chica!

      Delete
  9. Such pretty hair! Good wash days are just bliss

    ReplyDelete
  10. The added scarf totally jazzed up your hair style! Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm feeling better. I love this scarf. The best $5 I've spent in a while! Thanks for stopping by Court!

      Delete
  11. Yay! That's great you are getting good results with the shampoo bars :) I love the scarf as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laquita. I didn't expect to like this shampoo bar as much as I do!

      Delete
  12. If I ever visit you and your scarves go missing...........and that's all I am gonna say:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That hair style is really pretty and I love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keoshia! The best part was the next day my edges were laid!

      Delete
  14. I have wanted to use my infinity scarves in my hair, but wasn't sure how to go about it... love the way you worked it! I definitely will be experimenting now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like using my infintity scarves better than regular scarves for my hair. For this style, I just used a hair tie on the scarf near my ear. Nothing complicated at all!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!