Friday, March 13, 2015

My Favorite FREE Fitness Apps | #FitnessFriday



If you're anything like me, you're always looking for ways to make tracking your fitness journey more streamlined, interesting and fun. Thanks to a few amazeball FREE fitness apps, I've been able to do just that. Here's the inside scoop. But shhhh! don't tell anyone else. Ha-ha!



FitBit

I know, I know. You're not in the least shocked that FitBit made my favorite free fitness app list are you? I love ERRYTHING FitBit. I can log my food, fitness activities, weight, water intake and compete with my FitBit buddies all in one place! I love that they've added GPS so that I can record my runs too. Best part? You don't even need a FitBit tracker to use the app. 


RunKeeper

I adore RunKeeper's training programs and the half-marathon training plan is legit! The plan slowly advances both my volume and pace so I can reach race day ready to finish with a time of sub 2:15 without getting hurt in the training process. I was able to run using GPS when I was outside or in stopwatch mode on the treadmill. My favorite part of RunKeeper is that they have a live broadcast mode. Which is the perfect way for my family to track my progress during my half-marathon race next weekend.


Zipongo

The Zipongo tag line is eating well made simple and it's totally true. I love Zipongo because they offer tons of healthy recipes, coupons for REAL food---not all that processed mess, and even a meal planner that syncs seamlessly. No guessing and lots of simplicity. Did I mention that it's totally FREE?

All of the apps are available for iPhone and Android. What are your can't-live-without fitness apps?

Happy #FtinessFriday chicas!



1 comment:

  1. Oooh thanks for sharing this list! I only got an iPhone in January so I'm still very slowly accumulating apps that fit in with my life. I'm off to check out the FitBit app now!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!