Friday, December 12, 2014

Staying Sane with Running | #FitnessFriday


My heart is pouring thankfulness for all of your whispered intercessory prayers on the behalf of my grandfather and our family. I was humbled by the fact that you cared and I appreciate each note that you guys sent me. I just love my SavingOurStrands framily!

My grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary

I'm so excited to say that my grandfather's open heart surgery was successful and he's recovering as well as can be expected. The road to recovery is going to be bumpy but he's incredibly strong-willed and head strong. They won't be able to keep him down for too much longer. God is so good.

I really struggled to stay grounded and keep my sanity this week. When I felt like I just couldn't take it anymore---I ran. Literally. I ran for miles and miles lost in my thoughts and focused on my prayers. 

I needed that time to just be:
...without other voices competing for my attention. 
...with God telling me that my grandfather would be fine. 
...without hearing the doubt in my own voice. 
...whilst stomping fear with each pound on the pavement. 
My heart was forced open with faith and four miles flew by.

It's not a coincidence that weeks before, as I grieved for my father, that this guidance was shared with me:



"Let it do its work..."

Let challenges mold you. Let training reinforce you. Let yourself grow through pressure instead of surrendering under it. 

It's also not a coincidence that I ran a PB with a 8:25 average pace. Or that I felt rejuvenated. Or that I didn't even need my inhaler---a miracle in it self.

I'm ever grateful for the abundance of blessings and mercies that my family has received and is still receiving every day as my grandfather's health improves. I'm grateful that I'm becoming spiritually stronger, mentally stronger, and even physically stronger because of each challenge. Training isn't easy but I'm excited about its creating a better me!

How do you stay sane and committed to your fitness goals?

Besitos!
KLP







13 comments:

  1. Happy to hear about your Granda's surgery! Will keep praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! So glad to hear that his surgery went well! GOD IS SO GOOD!!! i"ll be praying for his continued strength and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that your grandfather made it through his surgery and is recovering. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Have a blessed holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome your grandfather's surgery went well!! God truly is a prayer answering God! I love the encouragement in this post. Continued prayers for his recovery and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're sooo blessed Melanie! I have so much to be grateful for this holiday season! Thanks for the prayers doll!

      Delete
  5. Thank God the surgery went well!
    I am still praying for you and your fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are serving a faithful God. I am so happy that everything went well. I will keep praying for his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God!! He always takes care of His own!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!