Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Battle of the Co-Wash Conditioner


Co-washing is a fancy way of saying "I wash my hair with conditioner." I'd never been on the co-washing bandwagon in the past because ain't no body have time for multiple wash days each week! Then, my vacation last summer completely changed my mind about co-washing. Amusement parks, exercising, sweating in the ridiculously hot Florida sun, swimming---there was no way that I'd be able to get away with one wash day. So, I bit the co-washing bullet and my hair LOVED IT. I was able to refresh my scalp, cleanse my strands, and give my hair a dose of moisture all in one step. Over the last year, I've dated several conditioners that are perfect for co-washing, under $10, and widely available. Before we get started, let me give you an idea of what I want in PERFECT co-washing conditioner:

What makes a co-washing conditioner good...to me?
  1. Hydrating- My one true co-wash prince has to be the boost of moisture that wards of breakage in drought-like conditions and keep it there until my next wash. None of that moisturized in the morning and dry by the night mess here.
  2. Cleansing- Read: remove build up, dirt, and sweat but DON'T strip my hair. After all, if I wanted a good clean start, I'd use shampoo.
  3. Detangling- Slip. slip and more slip. If it don't have slip then it will be immediately disqualified! I detangle my hair pre-wash and I expect it to stay detangled through the wash process.
Deep conditioners need not apply!
It's tempting, but don't use a deep conditioner has a co-washing conditioner. You'll get this icky build up situation going on that will require clarifying. Trust me---that's more trouble that it's worth. 


Here are your Battle of the Co-Wash Contestants:
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle
Organix Renewing Oil of Morocco
Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture

Let the battle begin!

Besitos!
KLP

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see which one you choose. I've tried all of them except Organix Renewing Oil of Morocco. My favorite is the Tresemme Naturals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited to share which one is my favorite too! I was really surprised by how much I liked Tresemmee too!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your final choice. I've only tried the Aussie Moist but not for co-washing. I thought it was a bit thick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried everything but Hello Hydration and Tresemme is definitely my favorite for cowashing. Aussie is my favorite of the bunch for conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Aussie Moist but I use it for my deep conditioner. My hair definitely loves co-washing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to the winner because I only used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner and the Aussie moist 3 minute conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use VO5 conditioner fir my cowashes and my hair absolutely loves it. I have my eye on the Hello Hydration conditioner though.Lets see who wins.

    Hair update 15 months natural

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tresemme & Aussie Moist are my faves

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!