Wednesday, July 08, 2015

[Hairstyle] Two-Strand Twist Updo | The #WashDayExperience


Lately, I've kept things for my hair really simple. I've been sticking to co-washing and two-strand twisting my hair to stretch it. Occasionally, I'll wear my hair in a twist out, but most days it all goes into a giant puff and then I don't bother it until the next wash day.

I've been noticing that my ends were a little on the drier side. They are definitely in need of a good clay rinse and protein treatment. Because I started today's #washdayexperience crazy late, I knew that I wouldn't have time to do all that, so I settled on a quick co-wash and a few well placed two strand twists to get me through. Here's what I used:

Pre-shampoo: Almond Oil
Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Conditioner + Almond Oil
Leave ins: Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner + DIY Hair Butter

The Results:

I used a little Almond oil to help me detangle and remove shed hairs. Then I hopped in the shower, rinsed the oil and applied a whoollleee lottta TRESemme Conditioner. I'm stoked that my natural hair loves it as much as my transitioning hair did.



I used a cotton t-shirt to absorb most of the water and applied a few drops of Almond Oil. Then I applied my leave-ins (Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner and my DIY Hair Butter in sections. Next, I stretched my hair by banding and setting into a few large twists.


To style my hair, I took the twists and pulled them into a quick updo. It's a super easy style especially if you're not into braids. This style is basically a version of my mom hair aka 30 second old faithful updo aka gym style aka you can really wear this style for any reason anywhere...I just had to edit it to accommodate my shorter hair.


  1. Divide your hair ear to ear then create a side part.  
  2. Two strand twist the smaller section above your ear
  3. Divide the larger section into 3 or 4 smaller sections then two strand twist it above your other ear.
  4. Next, divide the back section in half. Gently pull it towards the front of your air just above your ears, join it will your previous twist by (you guessed it!) twisting it. Pull it all back and secure across your head with hair pins. 
  5. Repeat on the opposite side and secure with hair pins.
  6. If your hair is short like mine, just take the remaining twists from your bang area and use hair pins to connect it to the other twists. 
Viola! Thank goodness for hair pins huh?!? I hope that made sense! Let me know if y'all want a step by step tutorial!

How was your #washdayexperience? Share the dets with the crew!



Besitos!
KLP



26 comments:

  1. Like the updo. Last week I sported twisted updos for several days. They're so easy, but look so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Twists seem to give ordinary updos that extra pizzazz!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! What thread do you use for banding? I find it hard to find the right kind of band. Do you know any online shop that sells the banding thread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa!

      I do "faux" banding...I don't use thread but hair clips to stretch my hair until it's dry. You can check out all the details here:

      How To Stretch Your Hair Without Heat- Banding

      I hope that it helps!

      Delete
  3. Ugh, your updo's always give me life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! You know that I'm a sucka for a good updo!

      Delete
  4. Love it love it love it KLP! And thanks for the pictorial. The awesome thing about natural hair is that the volume of it makes these updos very beautiful and classy! And thanx for the new badge will use it next wash day post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! I see you're still slaying your natural hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I co-washed too. I love the style. It keeps your ends out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I was thinking chica! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. KLP I love the fact that you always present chic and classy updos. Even better when you give pictorials and they are super duper simple. Love the style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammy. I have a pictorial in the works for his one! Stay tuned!

      Delete
  8. Another super cute KLP creation!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me blush Andrea! I hope that you try this style!

      Delete
  9. Nice creations. I'm loving your hair styles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will try this, it's perfect style for later in the week when my hair style gets old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly chica! It's definitely a style that can get you 2 maybe 3 more days before you'd have to wash

      Delete
  11. Your styles!! How do you do them...beats me! Always looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a step by step pictorial posted soon chica! Hopefully it will help!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!