Wednesday, July 22, 2015

[Hairstyle] Turban + Curly Puff | The #WashDayExperience


Remember that one time that I told y'all that I wasn't going to wear my hair in a curly puff that often?

Hmm...

Well...

I lied. Remind me never to say that mess again... You see---the puff is just insanely easy. So easy that I'm struggling NOT to do it daily. Call me lazy. I am. Call me bland and boring. I am. It is what it is.


Because I do this style sooooo much, I've been jazzing it up with jeweled clips, headbands, flowers---almost anything so that I actually look like I'm trying. Today, I went with a turban.


Here's what I used to wash my hair:

Extreme Deep Condition- Jessicurl Deep Treatment + Almond Oil
Leave Ins- Almond Oil + Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner + DIY Hair Butter + Jessicurl Curl Confident Coils Styling Solution

And here's how I did it:

First, I started by finger detangling in sections with the aid of Jessicurl Deep Treatment . I love love love deep conditioning on dry hair. Especially with Jessicurl's Deep Treatment. My curls absorb this stuff almost instantly and (I know that I say this EVERY week but...) I swear it revitalizes my hair! Per the usual, I sealed all that moisturizing goodness with a little Almond Oil, covered with a plastic cap, and left it overnight.


I know that there are tons of people who hate deep conditioning overnight---and they have legit reasons why they do. I get it. But look---my hair LOVES IT. My texlaxed hair loved it. My transitioning hair loved it. My natural hair LOVES IT MORE. So my suggestion to you is---don't knock it until you try it!

*steps off soap box*


Umm...back to my #washdayexperience... In the morning, I rinsed my my hair then while I was in the shower, I applied a little almond oil, Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner, a dab of DIY Hair Butter to seal and some Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Potion. The styling potion is a {sorta} new addition to the #washdayexperience. I really want a curl defining product for my wash and go puffs that's not a gel but that also elongates my curls. (Girl...don't get me started on the 5 million reasons why I'm not about that gel-life) This is the second time that I've used Jessicurl Confident Coils and I realllllly like it. My hair stays crazy moisturized for days and my curls be POPPIN'!

I used a stretched to hair tie to pull my hair into this giant puff then accessorized with my fave turban. Like I said before, call me lazy. I am. Call me bland and boring. I am. It is what it is. But with the 10000% humidity and temperatures that top 100 almost daily here at the beach---I'm just trying not to spontateously combust and look cute. Haha!

How was your #washdayexperience?

Besitos!
KLP



24 comments:

  1. I love your puff KLP. It looks gorgeous with your turban x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been getting hair lazy too, especially my wash days, gotta fix that. My last wash I deep conditioned overnight too, but for the first time I got moisture overload! Was able to fix it right up with an aphogee 2 min treatment, but I think now that the majority of my hair is Japanese straightened it can't handle that anymore.

    http://pocahontas-secrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that stinks Yahya! But it's fantastic that you knew exactly what to do to bring your hair back to life! Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
    2. I'm with Yahya. When I do the overnight deep conditioner, I just don't like how mushy my hair gets. It's soft, but almost too soft. Maybe I'll try again using deep conditioner on dry hair and then steaming before I do a shampoo bar wash.

      Delete
    3. Aww...that sucks Joan! But at least you tried it and now you know that it's not for you!

      Delete
  3. Your skin stole my attention. It's simply radiant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thanks Abena. One thing that I love about the summer is how the sun evens out my otherwise blotchy skin.

      Delete
  4. I love love you puff. Accessorizing with the Turban makes your puff look even more gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks so much Hilda! I'm glad that you guys aren't bored with this silly ol puff!

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks great. The Turban gave it that extra umph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! And that turban was a great way to hide my puffy edges! #winning

      Delete
  6. Loving your puff but that top stole my attention lol. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shauna! I think that this strapless peplum top is from Express (but I'm not sure if I bought it this season or last.)

      Delete
  7. Cute Puff, K! Simple and easy and well moisturized.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Puff looks too cute and I am with you on the overnight deep conditioning... my hair loves it as much so I will stand on the soap box with you and chant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's enough room for the both of us on this soapbox chica! LOL!

      Delete
  9. im lovin it! the headband looks cute too! you make caring for ur natural hair seem effortless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, Becca, I really haven't had much trouble styling my hair since I did the big chop. I don't necessarily miss my relaxed hair, but I do miss the length at times!

      Delete
  10. I love it! Especially for the summer. You've inspired me to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!