Tuesday, August 18, 2015

[Review] Redken Extreme Builder Plus


My relaxed hair loved protein. My texlaxed hair loved protein. My transitioning hair loved protein. And my natural hair loves protein too. I've been using Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus for a few months and I'm totally digging it. Here's why:

Breakage is my hair's enemy. Even though my hair isn't relaxed anymore, using a protein heavy conditioner has a pre-shampoo treatment keeps my breakage at a minimum. Just think about it, the ends of your hair are the oldest and weakest part of your hair. So far in my journey I've found that the best way to retain the length that I gain is by I consistently using protein products to protect my ends.

When I consistently use protein in my regimen, I don't have to moisturize and seal as often because my hair retains moisture better. I also noticed that protein conditioners give my curls crazy beautiful definition and banishes frizzy ends.

I little goes a long way with Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus. I'm usually heavy handed with my conditioners but this one is the exception. When I apply this condition to my dry (and unwashed) hair--my curls absorb it like a sponge. When I say that it gives my curls life---honey I mean it! Sometimes I cover and apply heat---most times I don't---but either way my hair still feels fantastic when I rinse. 

But as usual, my only complaint is the price. I purchased this tub from Ulta for $17.50. I believe that I got 6 uses out of it (which is amazing for this little tub) and puts it at about $2.91 per use if I did the math right---I probably didn't tho... That price per use is lame if you're ballin on a budget like me so if you want to try this conditioner and be easy with your application to make it stretch.

Here are all the specs---just in case you're interested:

Price: $17.50 USD

Purchased at: Ulta and Amazon

Ingredients: Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33

Promises: Intense fortifying mask for damaged hair, conditions and strengthens hair to the core. Extreme strengthening hair mask uses Redken's famous Fortifying Complex with 18-MEA to protect shine, Ceramide for structural repair and Interlock Protein Network for internal strength. Discover all the benefits that this fortifying hair mask can do for your hair.

2 comments:

  1. I love this conditioner as well and get mine from Ulta it helps with breakage but is definitely pricey.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Belle! I really like it so I think that to make it stretch a bit more--I'll probably only use it on my ends! #ballinonabudget LOL

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!