Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Hair Lately...


I've been in high puffs, twist outs, and wash-n-gos all summer. And I have hot mess ends to show for it. Last week as I put my hair in twists, I noticed that my ends were fuzzy, feathering, snapping all over the place. I think that I've known for a few months that my sketchy regimen would catch up to me eventually. I guess that today is eventually.
 
So I gave myself a trim..



And deep conditioned with heat.

And left it in overnight. (Why I Deep Condition Overnight)

And recommitted to protective styling.


AND I'm really serious about trying a *gasp* real long term protective style (or something close to it...lol) for a couple of months to give my ends a rest. I haven't worn extensions, wigs or weaves in almost 10 years so this is gonna be a huge change. Say a prayer for me y'all. In some ways I feel like I'm stepping back---in other ways I fell like I'm realigning my actions to facilitate match new goal. Not a length goal---because I haven't had a length goal since I achieved my ultimate goal of MBL (with my texlaxed hair) last year---but a new new goal...


My Inspiration (Source)

Your girl is turning the BIG 30 in about 7 months and I really want to ombre my curls. Which means using a lightener, bleach or something ridiculously damaging like that. Needless to say, I want my hair---especially my ends- to be as healthy as they can be.

What has your hair been up to lately?

Besitos!
KLP

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh!!!! Can't wait to see it! I know it's gonna be awesome! To be honest, I have mixed feelings about length goals these days. I wear braids/extensions a lot and I think to myself "Do I really want my hair to be THIS LONG?" Lol. I also think you would rock box braids, you won't have to worry about brushing or styling, plus you would have easy access to your scalp.

    YOU GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really considering braids BUTTTT...knowing me, I'd wear them for a week then take them out because...well I'm a loser and I can't commit! Ugh...

      Delete
  2. Girl, I think I need a trim so badly. Other than that, I will protective style until my hair gets tired.
    I say you do what's best for you. I am a big fan of protective styling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love protective styling---it's just "long term" protective styling that's always tripped me up. I always wonder if I will really get my money/time worth because I love having access to my hair. *le sigh* decisions decisions...

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see your protective style!! I hope it goes well. I know what you
    Mean with the ends, I have similar problem, when I do curly hairstyles which I totally love, my ends become frizzy and easily break...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my hair was texlaxed and even while I was "transitioning" it was natural for me to put my hair in a bun, tuck the ends, and keep it moving. Now, I love my puff so much that I stopped tucking my ends---which (I'm pretty sure) is the reason why I needed this mini trim. Fingers crossed that my new protective style will keep my freshly trimmed ends moisturized and healthy!

      Delete
  4. Ombre would be very pretty. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! I have a few more months until my birthday---and lots of time to obsess about it! LOL!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!