Wednesday, May 20, 2015

[Hairstyle] Flirty Tuck and Roll | The #WashDayExperience


I swore up and down that I was gonna be flaunting big bouncy curls all spring. And I really wanted to...but real talk---I'm an updo kinda girl. I'm far more comfortable with my hair up and out of the way than I am with it blowing in the wind. I sure hope that you guys aren't totally bored with my hair!

This #washdayexperience, I stretched my hair in a few medium sized twists then went for a tuck and roll style. Here's how I got started:

Pre-Shampoo: Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus
Shampoo: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream
Clay Mask: Aztec Healing Bentonite Clay (+ Apple Cider Vinegar & Aloe Vera Juice)
Deep Condition: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
Leave ins: Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner + DIY Hair Butter



The Results:
I started by applying Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus to my unwashed hair and gently detangling. I totally owe you guys a product review on this protein treatment. I really love it! But the biggest issue with the size. I only got 2 (maybe 3) uses out of the 8oz container and I haven't been able to find it in a bigger size yet. 

Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream is honestly a top notch shampoo for naturally curly hair. I love the way that it cleanses without stripping and my hair actually feels moisturized and tangle free afterwards. Totally a #winner. My bentonite clay mask isn't pictured but I used the same exact process and ingredients as shown in this #washdayexperience.

If you only try one Jessicurl product---please let it be the Deep Conditioning Treatment. I don't even have words for how much I LOVE this conditioner. My hair stays crazy moisturized after I use this. Honestly---I don't even know why on earth that I use anything else!

To style my hair, I applied a few drops of Almond Oil to my freshly deep conditioned and rinsed hair. Then I applied my leave-ins (Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner and my DIY Hair Butter). in sections To stretch my curls, I installed a bunch of medium sized two strand twists.

I let the twists dry overnight. In the morning, I unraveled and fluffed. The twist out was super cute on it's own but I just didn't feel like wearing it out. So, to get this flirty tuck and roll, I created a deep side part then sectioned off my bangs. Starting on the right side, I gently rolled my hair around my head stopping occasionally to secure the roll with a few pins. I kept rolling around my nape and up to the opposite side of my head. I stopped the roll just above my eyebrow and secured with a final pin. A few more carefully placed pins to shape my bangs and viola!

Hmm... that explanation kinda sucks...If you want a step by step pictorial let me know!

How was your #washdayexperience?

Besitos!
KLP



20 comments:

  1. You come up with some of the most chicest updo's. So simple too! and your hair is so shiny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I noticed that my hair is shiner (and retains moisture longer) when I apply just a few drops of oil to my wet/damp hair before adding my leave ins. Sealing with a tiny dab of hair butter really adds a shine too!

      Delete
  2. I love all the creative updos that you come up with KLP 😍 How do you maintain them at night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yemi! I'll probably sport this look for 3 days before I co-wash. At night, I cover with either a bonnet or wrap my satin scarf around the edges while leaving my bangs out at the top so that the curls don't get flat. Super simple!

      Delete
  3. Love the twist out curls! I've had my eye out for JessiCurl since I know it's one of your staples, but I haven't seen it in stores. Where do you typically get yours or where CAN you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's available in a few salons across the US. Luckily for me, Keyda's salon sells it! And of course you can purchase online at Jessicurl.com.

      Delete
  4. I can see why you call it "flirty" The twist out bang is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Nerline! I'm stoked that this twist out turned out so nicely without a "holding" product.

      Delete
  5. ohh mee gosh! I did a tuck and roll last week! But without the curls and your tuck n roll with curls are super duper awesome, and flirty :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you know that I love a chic, simple updo! I'm excited to see what the style would look like if I did a braid out or even with caruso steam roller curls.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Love this weeks updo!! the front has great definition. You are really inspiring me to try some updo styles. I can see them working on my old frizzy day 4 hair lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This style would TOTALLY revive an old twist out! Who isn't trying to get one more good hair day out of a #washdayexperience!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous style! Tucking my hair or bunning it is my go-to also since it's so hot most days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed chica! It's like hitting 2 birds with one stone: protecting your ends + staying cool in the heat!

      Delete
  8. Your style is very pretty...and it sounds easy too... but unfortunately i'm style challenged so I'll just keep admiring yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the tuck and roll is perfect for "style challenged" folks! I mean, you are literally just rolling your hair! I hope that you try it!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!