Tuesday, August 11, 2015

DIY Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Treatment | How To Get Your Curls To Pop!


Since I'm going to be experimenting with wash and gos for the next couple of weeks, I figured that I owed you guys a real post about what I use to define my curls!

When I first chopped my hair, I cut it whilst it was straight---which was a total mistake because I was still left with some bits of straight hair on my bangs. It was nearly impossible to tell the difference between my texlaxed hair and my natural curl so I turned to Bentonite Clay!

Bentonite Clay is amazingness in a jar. It's moisturizing, detoxifying, a shine enhancer, frizz eliminator----just curl defining goodness. I mix it up with a little apple cider vinegar, glycerin, and aloe vera juice to form a conditioning mask, cover with a plastic cap for a little while, then rinse it out. How easy is that?

Here's what you'll need to give it a try:

Ingredients:
3 oz Bentonite Clay Aztec Healing Clay
4 oz Aloe Vera Juice
1 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp Glycerin
 And here's how I mix it:
  1. I add the clay to my mixing jar (plastic or glass only. No metal). I like to use a jar with a lid so that I can shake it to mix well
  2. Next stir in the apple cider vinegar with a plastic spoon. It will bubble and foam up like a science fair project. Don't be alarmed!
  3. Add your aloe vera juice and glycerin. Secure the lid of your jar and shake it like crazy! Your mix should be smooth and fluffy. If it's too thick add more liquid and shake again.

How to apply:
After shampooing, I apply the clay to my damp hair from root to tip, separating and detangling my curls as I go. It's a little tedious but I promise it's worth it! Cover with a plastic cap for 20-30 minutes then rinse in the shower. Depending on how my hair feels, I'll either co-wash or deep condition afterwards.


6 comments:

  1. Definitely need to try this KLP! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it! I'd love to see how it works on texlaxed hair!

      Delete
  2. Can you box up some of that mix and send to me, it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlllll...I would if customs would let me!

      Delete
  3. I have never used Bentonite clay on my hair or done an acv rinse either. I'd really like to try both. Although, do you have a post on ACV rinses?

    Hilda momashairjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan on ACV rinses. Don't judge me but I LOATHE the smell!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!