Friday, January 09, 2015

3 Ways To Workout With Your Kids



Finding time to workout is my biggest challenge. As most of you know, I have two kids under 5 and I'm a military spouse. My superhero hubby is very supportive of my half-marathon training but his schedule is straight up all over the place. Which usually means that I don't have a lot of time away from the minions. Instead of letting this prevent me from getting my workout on---I've came up with 3 ways to workout with my kiddos when things just don't go as planned:




Zumba for Kids

Y'all know that I'm a self-proclaimed cardio-queen and Zumba fanatic. So are my kids! They always tired to join in with me while I did Zumba DVDs but the moves were a little bit too advanced from them---then I found this Zumba Kids for XBOX connect. Can you say perfecto?!? They get a chance to dance (aka wear themselves out) and I get my cardio fix too. Win-Win.


24 Hours of Happy

Everyday for at least 3 months, my kids begged to turn on 24HoursofHappy.com before dinner so that they could dance and sing. No matter what kind of crazy hectic day I was having---there was no way that would deny them happy! Ha-ha. We play "follow the leader"---where you have to mirror one person's dance moves for a song. Let me tell you---after playing that for 30 minutes---is just like being in Spin class for an hour! These kids have too much energy!


Bike-Ride-Run

On warmer than normal winter days, I take my kiddos outside for a bike ride run either in our neighborhood or at our local park. My oldest is really good on her training wheels and whilst she bikes, I jog behind with the youngest in a jogging stroller. Believe it or not---at the end of our fun, I've usually run about 3 miles---and they are exhausted. (which is the BEST part!)

How do you workout with your kiddos?

Besitos!
KLP





8 comments:

  1. The Zumba for kids is the best idea ever! My kids love to dance. I need to try this one. It's never too early to start with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right Nerline! It's never too early to show your kids that its fun to take care of your body!

      Delete
  2. We compete and apparently my children can do MORE pull ups than me. Not hard though. I am still building and developing my lats to do 5 consecutively unassisted. Working out with kids is fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate. My 5 year old daughter does full on push ups while I do the girly ones. *hangs head in shame*

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  3. Awwwwwww Zumba for kids, that's so cute! I'll make notes for the "kids-one-day" prep. Lol! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you found a way around it, getting a work out and keeping the kids entertained. Well done!

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget---making them tired. Yes girl---mommy needs for these minions to go to sleep! Ha-ha!

      Thanks for commenting chica!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!