Wednesday, January 07, 2015

[Hairstyle] Styles For Straightened Natural Hair | #WashDayExperience


I'm not proud of my actions---or rather inaction. I haven't washed my hair in two weeks. I really don't have a good reason---I'm just loving the ease of straight hair. Detangling is super fast. I can actually use a comb. Styling is uber easy. But just because my hair is straight---it doesn't mean that I'm wearing it down everyday. Here are 3 of my favorite updos on my straightened (newly) natural hair:

The Headband Tuck-

I totally love this look because it literally takes NO TIME to pull together. Plus all you need is a cute headband!

How To:
  1. Detangle, moisturize, and seal your hair.
  2. Create a side or center part.
  3. Put on a headband.
  4. Pull your hair back in sections and tuck into the band covering the elastic. Repeat on reminaing sections.
  5. Pick apart and fluff.

High Bun with a Side Swept Bang-

Perfect for a little after-the-gym-glam. I'm actually excited that my bun is still full after the chop. 

How To:

  1. Detangle, moisturize, and seal your hair.
  2. Create a heavy center part for the bangs. Section off.
  3. Pull the rest of your hair up into a super high pony tail. Secure with an elastic.
  4. Wrap the ends of the pony tail around the base of the elastic. Secure with hair pins.
  5. Swoop bangs over to one side and secure ends with a hair pin.

Dutch Braid Pin Up

I wore this style for 2-3 days. The older that it got the more romantic and causal it started to look. 

How To:
  1. Detangle and moisturize your hair.
  2. Split from ear to ear then create a side part. Create a large dutch braid on each side braiding to the end of each section. 
  3. Tease the crown of your hair for volume. 
  4. Using small sections, create finger curls, rolling up instead of under, then use a hair pin to secure.
  5. Repeat until all of hair is pinned up.
I'm deep conditioning my hair as I type this! I promise that you'll get a "real" shampoo-condition-style report next week!

How was your #washdayexperience?

Besitos!
KLP



32 comments:

  1. style no 2 has been on my wish list of styles to wear when I hit APL. It's very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abena! I think that you can do the high bun with any length hair---especially if you have a mesh doughnut!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty styles! I have yet to master the The Headband Tuck hairstyle, but I am working on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep trying chica! Once you get it---I promise that it will be the EASIEST style that you've ever done!

      Delete
  3. All three styles are pretty. I'll have to work on style three. Looks like it took some effort (hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tucking can be tricky. Make sure that you have a mirror near by. It really helps!

      Delete
  4. LOVE the headband tuck! All styles are simple yet cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dutch braid up-do it looks classic and effortless. Style 2 is my go to everyday style as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl---idk what I would do without a high bun in my life! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. All those styles are fabulous! I can't wait to try the first one but with twists instead of loose hair. Keep enjoying that hair to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the head band tuck done on twists and its absolutely gorge! I wish that I would have remembered to do that one when I had my hair all twisted up!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful styles!
    And don't even feel any kind of shame! My hair is still straight from last week and I have no plans to wash it anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! I'm so happy that I'm not the only one girl! I had to give in and wash day---my scalp just couldn't take it anymore!

      Delete
  8. That swoop is just what I needed this morning for my boring bun! Will see how it works with my blow dried hair tomorrow. That Dutch pinup, looks similar to the Fishtail Pinup you did a while back. I just love that style. I tried it out when my hair was flat ironed a few weeks ago, but I don't think it turned out as good as yours. I need more practice! You are a pro! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's EXACTLY like the fishtail pin up. The difference is just in the braid! I actually like the Fishtail braid better---it looks more sophisticated than the dutch braid---but it's harder to get "right."

      Delete
  9. Love them so! Yet to try the first 2. I don't need to look further for styles for February....all right here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad that I could help! I know that your hair will look beautiful in these styles!

      Delete
  10. oooh the dutch pin up braid is my favorite.
    i wish my hair was thick enough to do this...
    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hair is probably thick enough! Here's a little (not-so) secret: Use medium sized sections as your braid. Once your done, pick apart the braid (literally pull it apart) to fluff. I promise that it will make your braid appear fuller and your hair thicker.

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  11. I can't get enough of your hair KLP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in the same boat with you, KLP! Have not washed my hair in going on two weeks. It's straight, easy, and I'm not ready to give it up yet.

    The first of these are two of my go-to styles. Love the headband tuck! Never tried the dutch braid one tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the dutch braid pin up---I bet that you'll love it!

      Delete
  13. I tried style number 2 on my weave looked good. Soon as I have enough length I'm trying all styles.

    Also I joined the wash day experience for the first time last week. I loved sharing my wash day. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love newbies! Welcome to our healthy hair obsessed tribe chica!

      Delete
  14. Love the bun!!!!! The side sweep adds alot of flavour to your bun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! At first I just had my bang tucked behind my ear---then I realized that it looked much more sophisticated with the ends pulled up into the bun. Trial and error right?! Ha-ha!

      Delete
  15. Each style is so pretty! I love that Dutch braid...tutorial please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dutch braid is really like a cornrow or an inverted french braid. Any braid or twist will do!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!