Wednesday, January 28, 2015

[Hairstyle] Wash Day | Bantu Knots on Natural Hair



I have a confession. Are you ready for it?

I didn't deep condition my hair this week.

*Sits in awkward silence*


Well, see, what had happened was...I swear that this is the truth tho...

  1. Co-wash- I detangled my hair, applied Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner then layered a bit of extra virgin coconut oil. I let it sit for a while.
  2. Air dry- After rinsing the conditioner, I blotted my hair with a cotton t-shirt, applied a little extra virgin coconut oil in sections then wrapped it in the t-shirt to dry a bit more.
  3. Leave-ins- I applied a little Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner and a dab of my hair butter then set my hair on about 6 bantu knots overnight.


The Results:
When I rinsed the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner from my hair, I didn't expect my hair to be that soft, that fluffy, or that moisturized. I thought to myself in the shower. "How wrong would it be to just stop right here." Don't look at me funny, girl. You know that you've had thoughts like that before! So I channeled my inner lazy and went with it!






So far incorporating a light/medium protein each week to help define my curls and encourage my curl pattern is working well. I honestly can't remember a time when my hair felt this moisturized for this long.

I had no intention on wearing a curly set this week. But my goodness, I was pretty siced about how much curl I got for only 6 bantu knots! And look at how well it stretches my hair! I just had to show you guys! My bantu knot situation before my chop was a mess. I had more unprocessed hair than relaxed hair, my roots would look thick and lush while my ends looked thin and limp.


The universe is always hating on my good hair days. It was SNOWING of allll things the morning that I unraveled my knots. So I twisted my hair up into this half halo crown updo and when outside to build a snowman. (our poor snowman melted by the afternoon tho...the universe was out to get him too...) Want a full tutorial on this style? Let me know!

Thanks for reading my #washdayexperience! Now share yours!



20 comments:

  1. KLP! You are making me jealous! stop it!!! Lol, gorgeous hair hun, love you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl please! I need to get my life together before I make this laziness a habit!

      Oh and your bantu knots are GORGE! GET IT girl!

      Delete
  2. Now you know you don't have to ask us if we want a tutorial, the answer will always be yes yes yes!
    It seems like your natural hair has been fuss free--- you don't get crazy tangles and you don't have to spend extra time deep conditioning. Do you still co-wash mid-week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Harlem---then I'll post the tutorial later this week!

      I won't lie; I haven't done a mid-week co-wash in forever. (Unless you count today's #washdayexperience as a co-wash...) and I haven't been moisturizing and sealing daily either. My crazy busy life has been a mess.

      I know, I know. I'm truly a terrible hair blogger.

      BUT what I have been doing is misting my hair with Nexxus Humctress Leave in Spray (or plain water) then applying Jessicurl Too Shea and hair butter every 2-3 days. I hope to share an updated regimen soon.

      Thanks for your question!

      Delete
  3. Only 6 bantu knots!! That's something I would do. So your hair is completely natural (from root to tip) now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was thinking! I didn't expect much of anything from only 6 bantu knots! I just had to show you guys!

      Most of my hair is completely natural but I have about 2-3" of "texlaxed-ness" (that's so not a word but whatevs...) on my bangs. My last relaxer (July 2013) was ridiculously under-processed to the point that it is hard to tell where the texlaxed curls/waves meet my natural curl.

      Fingers crossed that with time (a bit of protein and a bit of moisture) my curl pattern (or lack there of one) reveals itself!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Poor you and the weather, always when your curls are at their finest! lol! I love love love the half halo crown up-do! I agree ^^^ a tutorial is in order! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a conspiracy Rachel! I mean...I was gonna wear an updo anyway...but dang snow...it would have been nice to have the option of wear my hair down! LOL

      I'll get a tutorial in works chica!

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks amazing! I definitely have to try bantu knots this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bantu Knot Queen is back! Do you miss the length at all?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I remember the first and only time I attempted Bantu Knots before I big chopped. It was a disaster! Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your curls are Soo pretty and yes please post a tut on that hairstyle you have so many protective hairstyles in the bag ;-)) do you feel like your hair is much shorter since the BC?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Yes! Yes! to the tutorial - my Bantu knot game needs an overhaul.
    Your curls are popping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are working this natural, KLP!
    Another vote for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks nice. I am still working on the amount of protein I should use. I was thinking about mixing a little bit of plain Greek yogurt with honey and EVOO. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful styles! Luckily where I am hasn't got snow yet but it's coming soon. Definitely tucking my hair away like you have when it makes an appearance! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm throwing confetti for you over here! Those came out perfectly and I love the halo you put it into later!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your hair always cooperates no matter how much or little you do to it. I hope my hair can be low maintenance once day but it surely isn't today. Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol @ inner lazy! I have had the same experience with Tresemme Natural, skipped deep conditioning because it leaves my hair soft and moisturized. Lovely hair as always!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!