Monday, April 27, 2015

[Life] OMG KLP! Where have you been?


Life is crazy hard right now. And I've been trying not to completely abandon y'all. But I've totally been failing over the last few weeks.

As most of you know, I'm a proud military wife. My super hero hubby is amazing. I adore his commitment. I love his courage. He is incredibly brave. He deployed last week and it sucks.


We've survived a handful of deployments and moved state to state all while raising two of the cutest minions ever.

And although this definitely isn't our first military separation----it's going to be our longest and could be the toughest to date. You see, our minions are at an age when they can actually understand where Daddy is---and that's not at home. At the end of the day, no matter how hard things get for them, I'm immensely proud that I have the opportunity to teach them what sacrifice and honor means and I'm even prouder that their father is the embodiment of this lesson.

In a few weeks, once the newness of the situation wears off, I think that things will be easier. For now---my focus is on making our transition has smooth as possible.

For SavingOurStrands, all this means is that when I can pop in---I will. I'll share all the details of my fabulous mini chop (OMG---I'm soooooo in llllloooovvvveeeee with it!), my new hair regimen and of course, I'll read all of your #washdayexperiences (they're my faves!).

You guys are the world's most fabulous readers, I'm amazed by your Grace and your support is always crazy overwhelming.Thanks for being awesome!

Un mil besitos!
KLP

27 comments:

  1. Aww KLP you are also a super wife to be the backbone of your family when hubby is away! Your minions look cute :-) I hope your transition goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca. Super wife? Not even close chica! I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to keep my head above water.

      Delete
  2. Awwww this was such a beauutiful post! You're like super mom which is so amazing. Btw i love your curls in the first pic and you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KLP my thoughts and prayer are with you and your family. I can't even imagine how hard it must be; thank you and your family for the great sacrifice you are making on our behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KLP you are awesome! Coming from a military family I can certainly understand and appreciate the sacrifice that your husband and your family makes for us on a daily basis. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing, KLP! I can only imagine how difficult it must be in you situation. Please don't say that you are failing. You are doing the best you can. P.S. Yo have an adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hard on myself sometimes because I know what I am capable of. What I'm trying to remind myself of daily is that I'm on a learning curve---yes I can handle it---but it will take time to get accustomed to the changes.

      Delete
  6. Awww! This is such a cute picture of you guys! We love our military and what they do to keep us safe here. I will keep you in my prayers. It was really tough for us when my brother went to Iraq, but prayers really helped. I admire your courage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely post, you have a beautiful family. You're hair is so gorgeous in that pic, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DeOnne. This pic was taken a few days after my mini chop and I love it!

      Delete
  8. You are practically Superwoman KLP, hang in there. It must be really hard, I can't imagine.
    You look gorgeous and your family is the cutest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement Sandra! I appreciate you!

      Delete
  9. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. I wish you more grace love, you are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's challenging but I remind myself when things get hard: "This is only for a season."

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful family. Thanks for your sacrifice and your husbands service. Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your little group is just SOOOOOO cute! Those minions look like they keep you fit! We will still be around when things settle down so no worries! I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chasing after them definitely keeps me on my toes. But I wouldn't have it any other way!

      Delete
  12. Awwww! hugz, that's so tough! I pray that everything goes well and time will make things easier. Any time you "pop-in" I'll be reading :-) p.s. your family is soooo adorable, lovely pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I constantly remind myself that tough times are refinery moments. They hurt like heck but they allow me to purge all that I don't need and focus on the important things (because that's literally ALL that I have time and energy for) LOL.

      Thanks for your encouragement love!

      Delete
  13. Wow! What a great mother you are!! You have a beautiful family as well. I feel for you and don't worry those super cute minions & we are here for you. And oh you are beautiful o. *smiles*


    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!