Wednesday, April 01, 2015

[Hairstyle] Caruso Steam Rollers on Natural Hair | #WashDayExperience



I felt all kinds of defeated after I failed my half-marathon last week. Then, of course, I got sick, but I was determined to have at least one good hair day!  So I grabbed my Caruso Steam Rollers. They take about 15 minutes to install and set my hair in 20 minutes (10 minutes or less if I use a dryer set on cool).

Selfie from 2 weeks ago...

I've been kinda doing the same style for a few days now.... Hey--if it ain't broke don't fix it right?!


Here's how my #WashDayExperience went:



And here's a quick recap of the products that I used:



Pre-shampoo: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Shampoo: Joico K-Pak
Overnight Strengthening Treatment: Joico K-Pak Conditioner + Almond oil to seal (Find out Why I Deep Condition My Hair Overnight)
Leave ins: Jessicurl Too Shea + My DIY Hair Butter




I banded my hair then pulled it up into a top knot to finish drying. Once it was dry, I haphazardly threw in a couple small Caruso steam rollers, let them sit for about 20 minutes, removed the rollers, and then fluffed the curls. Using a few bobby pins and a stretched out hair tie, I pulled the curls in the back into a pony and left a few curls down to frame my face.

My hair was incredibly moisturized, soft and springy. So far, the curls last for about 2 days (I workout daily tho...) I can see myself sporting this look well into the summer! I love how this look screams no effort but it's still cute.

How was your #washdayexperience? 

Besitos!
KLP



29 comments:

  1. Hey Hun, Is a strengthening treatment equivalent to DC? I bought a Pantene Nature Fusion strengthening masque and later began to question myself whether its a protein or moisture? *Hides*

    I looove your curls, you just know how to get that curl right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola chica!

      K-Pak is a protein conditioner. If your product claims to be "strengthening" then it probably has protein in it too. Check out the ingredients label.. The closer the protein is to the beginning of the ingredients label, the more of that item the product will contain.

      I hope that's helpful and that I didn't completely blow that explanation!

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Oh KLP, I live for effortless yet elegant curls. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hair looks nice, KLP! How long did you leave the hello hydration on your hair for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I left it in for about an hour; covered with a plastic cap; without heat. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. Your updo is everything! It frames your face so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! I think that's why I love this style so much---I'm a sucka for a cute upsweep!

      Delete
  5. I'm so jealous of your 20-minute curls KLP.
    I hope you're better now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get these curls too with a Caruso steamer! I'm feeling better now. Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  6. Those curls are to. die. for. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your curls! It's so crazy how your hair looks exactly the same natural as it was when you were relaxed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Except now I don't have tangles, shedding, and my hair stays uber moisturized!

      Delete
  8. I need tips on how you manage to curl your hair every single wash day! I wish I had your energy and motivation! Your hair is gorgeous! And the style fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caruso rollers are the BEST! 20 minutes and you have a head full of big bouncy curls!

      But truth be told---after a day or two, those curls are up in a boring high bun. I'm just addicted to simple protective styles!

      Delete
  9. That hairstyle is absolutely gorgeous! I've heard about Caruso rollers for years now. How much are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up the set from Sally's for about $35. I love the small rollers so I purchased extras from Amazon for about $10. Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  10. Your curls are always to die for. And that updo is tres chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvette. Its amazing what a stretched out hair tie and a few well placed hair pins can do!

      Delete
  11. It's surprising that you didn't have to follow up with a moisturizing deep conditione after the KPak. Where did you get your Caruso rollers from? Great washday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey chica!

      I think that my hair was craving a little protein because after rinsing, it felt perfectly balanced. Kpak conditioners are smooth and creamy unlike Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee treatments that leave your hair hard.

      I picked up the steam rollers from Sally's beauty supply. You can also grab it on Amazon.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Get you some chica! Steam rollers are a great investment!

      Delete
  13. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. 2700 psi pump

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. https://pressurewasherguides.com/pressure-washer-gun-wand/

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!