Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mini Chop + It's My Birthday! | #WashDayExperience




This week's #washdayexperience was super simple because #1--I didn't have a lot of time and #2 I knew that we were going to be traveling to celebrate my birthday! It all started with a:

Overnight Deep Condition- Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner + Almond Oil (Wondering why I deep condition overnight? Click here)
Leave ins: Jessicurl Too Shea + My DIY Hair Butter


Per the usual, I banded my hair then pulled it up into a top knot to finish drying. Once it was dry, I tossed in a couple small Caruso steam rollers, let them sit for about an hour, and then removed the rollers. To my surprise, my curls looked and felt FANTASTIC! I new that it was going to be super windy so, I sprayed the curls with a little Chi Enviro Flex Hold Hair Spray. for a light hold. I love love love this spray because it doesn't leave a residue or that crunchy hold that typical hair spray is famous for. Plus a little goes a lllloonnnggg way.

I actually wore my hair down! I've worn my hair down probably 3 times since I straightened it then chopped. It felt great to have carefree hair. Especially since the hubster had a great birthday weekend planned for me.


We started the weekend by taking the minions to the circus. It was their first time and I'll never forget the look on my daughter's face once the show began.  #priceless


Then we went to the Cherry Blossom Beer and Wine festival (without the kiddos obviously...). MOST. FUN. EVER. Yeah...I was kinda in love with my hair....This had to have been selfie #87926303! Haha!


Because I literally passed out the night before, the next day I pulled my hair up into a high bun and left the few curls that made it though down to frame my face. I didn't think much of the style until I got weave checked by our server at breakfast! She was super sweet and obviously just curious so I wasn't offended or anything like that at all. After we left, my hubby told me that my hair was just too unbeliweavable to be real. He's such a dork! Ha-ha!


The weekend was a blast and it reminded me of how much I love my curls. As I started to pre-shampoo my hair last night...I randomly grabbed my scissors and snipped off the last bits of texlaxed hair on my bangs! My sister-in-law has threatened to hide my scissors because obviously I'm addicted!

I'll share all the dets of my mini chop in a few days. But so far---I LOVE IT! Since today is my actual birthday, I'm celebrating with a pedi spa day with the girl minion then dinner with the family. Yay for another year of love and laughs!

How was your #washdayexperience?

Besitos!
KLP



31 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KLP! Lol @ being weave checked! I am glad you had fun. I see you are still cutting/trimming your ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline. I'm crazy addicted to dusting my ends. SMH. I probably won't retain an inch of hair this year!

      Delete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday, KLP!!! Your hair looks great! The curls looks so soft I want to touch them :) I'm totally guilty of getting addicted to my hair scissors, too, so I understand that. They're currently hidden from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to put mine back into hiding too! I just that I'm at a point where all I want is super healthy curls---to heck with length!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday love!! I hope you enjoyed your day. Please come save me from finals! I want a weekend like that D: Cutting is so therapeutic I can understand why it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would if I could chica! There is definitely no fun in finals! But you'll make it through!

      Delete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! *throws confetti* You sure had a blast am I right? And your hair is garge-ahssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Looks like you had a great time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday KLP looks like you had a blast! And lol to the 87926303 selfies you took :-)) curls looking great!! #hidethosescissors lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! I definitely need to hide my scissors!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday!! Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Have a Fab day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday KLP!!!! God bless you and grant all your heart's desire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, KLP! Glad you and the fam had a great time celebrating. And girl your hair looks gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday KLP! All the best for the upcoming year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happybirthday KLP! Here's to many many many more!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a blast, and your curls look lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy birthday! KLP. May this new year be greater than the last. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a beautiful and blessed birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!