Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wash Day


This week's theme on the #washdayexperience is Summer Bun Fun. I think that this might be my favorite theme to date because I absolutely adored the way that my hair turned out. Plus, I had the best wash day in...well forever. I think that I've found my winning conditioning cocktail! Here's how my wash day went:
  1. Extreme Deep Condition- I applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment to my roots as I gently finger detangled. Next, I applied Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner from the line where my unprocessed hair meets my relaxed hair down. I massaged a little extra virgin coconut oil from root to tip, covered with a plastic cap, then let it all marinate over night.
  2. Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in a 1:1 ratio of water and aloe vera juice + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
  3. Smoothing/Detangling Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Detangling Solution
  4. Air Dry with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf for about an hour.
  5. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter to seal then "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried. 


Results:
While I rinsed out my conditioner mix my hair was literally like silk. I felt like I'd just relaxed! I didn't have one tangle in the shower and honestly, I didn't really want to tea rinse for fear that I'd loose that super moisturized and smooth feeling. Luckily, my bamboo tea rinse didn't disappoint. Test run #2 and I'm still madly in love with it. I think that it just might be the most moisturizing tea rinse that I've used.

Once my hair was about 90% dry after banding, I used a little Chi Twisted Fabric to pull my hair into a high bun and accessorized with a floral headband. You're probably tired of seeing this headband but it's totally my favorite!

How was your #washdayexperience? I'd love it if you shared below!

Besitos!
KLP




The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 






30 comments:

  1. I love this headband. You just gave me a reason to create one. Your hair looks super cute. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! A little history: This was the last thing that I purchased as a single woman! I bought it the day before I got married!

      Delete
    2. Awww, I think it's cute you (1) remember that it's your last single buy and (2) that it's hair related lol!

      Delete
    3. Apparently I've been hair obsessed for longer than I'll admit aloud! Ha-ha!

      Delete
  2. Love love love your bow!! Bamboo tea for rinses why didn't I think of that. I'm too busy drinking it all up lol. It's so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet Kendra! I keep my Bamboo tea with my wash day supplies so that I'm not attempted to drink it. I've had white bamboo tea before and it was sooo delish!

      Delete
  3. Cute flowerband real pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydz! I've worn it sooo many times like here and here and here. LOL

      Delete
  4. I love hair candy paired with a juicy bun...the headband brought the look together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diva! Believe it or not---there are no hair pins in that bun! I just used a stretched out hair tie to pull my hair back (the way that naturally curly chicas do) then wrapped the ends around.

      I swear that I learn something new about my hair every day!

      Delete
  5. I'm going to have to echo everyone else by saying I LOVE this headband! It's so so cute. And I'm a sucker for a flowery or bow accessory in my hair. You had a completely winning wash day! Awesome KLP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! It was definitely worth it's less than $5 price tag---especially considering that I've had it for 6+ years!

      Delete
  6. The headband is super cute! $5 was a great buy especially with you having it for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I wish that I would have bought more than one!

      Thanks for sopping by Tiki!

      Delete
  7. I really love this high bun I just might have to try it out, you look lovely dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle! I haven't done a high bun in forever because I just couldn't tame my roots enough. Then I was inspired by my naturally curl little cousin to just use a stretched out hair tie and wrap my ends around. BRILLIANT! I owe her big time!

      Delete
  8. LOVING that headband! You look so cute! I've never tried a tea rinse... but maybe I should! My last wash day was almost a disaster with tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use a little extra virgin coconut oil to detangle my hair pre-wash---but today I just didn't feel like taking the extra step. Thankfully Jessicurl has slip for days and my hair ended up happy and tangle free!

      I just know that your next #washdayexperience will be sooo much better!

      Delete
  9. I love the bun, so cute! Girl your skin is super stunning, I want that glow you have! Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running outside several days a week (with sunscreen of course!) + sun set photography = glowy skin. Reason #25473 that I love all things summer!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I love love LOVED your heart head band. It's so girly!

      Delete
  11. That bun looks so fluffy...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been rocking this super high bun for a few days now. I just LOVE everything about it!

      Delete
  12. that's a super cute headband. how did you get your bun so big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up this tip from my natural little cousin: I just used a stretched out hair tie to pull my hair back (the way that naturally curly chicas do) then wrapped the ends around. I didn't even use a hair pin!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks chica! The great thing about having several inches of curl roots is that my buns are HUGE!

      Delete
  14. I really love that flower action. I might re-adopt it for my shower as I did it before for a special event. It has such a way of making you feel special.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!