Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wash Day


Extreme deep conditioning is just a super fancy pre-shampoo that layers an oil over your conditioner to seal in all that moisturizing goodness. This week I applied my extreme deep conditioning combo of Jessicurl (on my roots for extra moisture) + Joico (on my ends for strength) + Coconut Oil (all over to seal) to dry hair to knock out two birds with one stone: pre-poo AND deep conditioning!

  1. Extreme Deep Condition- I applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment to my roots as I gently finger detangled. Next, I applied Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner from the line where my unprocessed hair meets my relaxed hair down. I massaged a little extra virgin coconut oil from root to tip, covered with a plastic cap, then let it all marinate over night.
  2. Tea Rinse- using 2 Bamboo tea bags steeped in a 1:1 ratio of water and aloe vera juice + 2 tbsp of glycerin.
  3. Smoothing/Detangling Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Detangling Solution
  4. Air Dry with Chi Silk Infusion applied to wet hair then wrapped in a satin scarf for about an hour.
  5. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter to seal then set my hair in about 12 bantu knots
The Results:
Well hello curls! I sure hope that y'all aren't sick of my bantu knot curls because I am sooooo in love! I usually prefer when my sets are big and bouncy, but lately all I've gotten are super tight curls. I worn it out for a day then the next day I sported tousled high bun.

How was your #washdayexperience? I'd love it if you shared below!

Besitos!
KLP




The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 




28 comments:

  1. Loving the high bun and headband, so cute for summer. How is the bamboo tea working for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally LOVING IT! I'll give you the scoop in a review soon!

      Delete
  2. Yasss that curly bun is everything!!! Super cute...
    I was thinking of getting some tight curls next week and I'm totally inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your curly bun looks great! I love the scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks boo! I just adore my Lush knot wrap. You can do so much with them.

      Delete
  4. Your bantu knots are always da bomb, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm such a one trick pony! Bantu knots are all that I can do!

      Delete
  5. Love the hair band! Did you get a new camera? That pic looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind chica! Same camera; different lighting.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite knot wraps from Lush. It's just a scarf folded and tied.

      Delete
  7. I love the hair. I need a protein free deep conditioner. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nerline! Lately I've been in love with Jessicurl deep treatment. I believe that it's protein free.

      Delete
  8. Very pretty, and the headband is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the way you style your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Takara! It's just a high bun jazzed up with Bantu knot curls. Nothing really fancy at all.

      Delete
  10. why is your curly bun twerking at me? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh! Girl I spit out my drink literally laughing out loud!!!!!

      Delete
  11. Love your perfectly accessorised curly bun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! Can you believe that this wrap was made of 100% recycled plastic!

      Delete
  12. Looks awesome and I love the turban!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought that I could pull something like this off; so I'm glad that I gave it a try!

      Delete
  13. Hey girl! Where did you find your headband??? It's so cute, I love it!

    Samara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! It's a Lush Knot Wrap from last summer's collection. I'm not sure if this pattern is still in stock but you can find a ton of them heres; http://www.lushusa.com/Knot-Wraps/knot-wraps,en_US,sc.html

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!