Tuesday, May 05, 2015

The Most Awkward Questions I've Ever Been Asked #BloggerProblems


Even though I love {over} sharing about my hair---in real life, I'm actually a really private person. I'm a bit reserved, I'm over-protective of my family and I'm completely uncomfortable in the spotlight. Often I get really random personal questions asked by readers and I have no clue how to address them! So, here are 10 of the awkward questions that I've ever been asked and my attempts to answer them without cringing a little!

Question: Are your beauty marks real?

Answer: Absolutely! I've had beauty marks aka moles on my face all of my life. I even have a really large one in my hairline that everyone thinks is a pimple.

Question: Is your husband white?

Answer: No---he's peach according to my kiddos.

Question: What toothpaste to you use?

Answer: Crest---then I dip my toothbrush in baking soda and brush. #dontjudge I'm trying to ward off stains from my coffee addiction.

Question: How tall are you?

Answer: Average height 5'4

Question: What is your real hair color?

Answer: Dark brown with a hint of auburn highlights from the sun. I don't color my hair at all (yet...).

Question: Where do you take your pictures?

Answer: In my loft---it has the BEST lighting because of the sky lights!

Question: Is your nose pierced?

Answer: Yes; but I don't wear it often. It's a little too rebel-chic for my ultra-square hubster.

Question: Are you in a sorority?

Answer: I'm a proud member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

Question: Are you really that nice in person?

Answer: I try to be. :)

Question: What are your kids' names?

Answer:  Minion #1 and Minion #2

I gotta admit, I laughed a little as I replied to these questions. It's interesting, the things that people notice about you when you're blogging about something completely different! What's the most awkward question you've ever been asked?

Besitos!
KLP

26 comments:

  1. Lol minion #1 and minion #2 hehe. Enjoyed reading your answers. You sure get awkward questions. Don't think I've had any lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kiddos LOVE Despicable Me so the names just stuck!

      Delete
  2. What? Those questions are awkward.... you've got a funny way of anwering them too. Lol! Ummm i've been asked some before,they are.... Are you an halfcast? And i'm like why do you ask? And the reply was: your hair looks like that of koreans. Another one is.... You are a fulani,right? Hehe! I just keep laughing.

    hairlevation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get questions about my ethnicity all the time---so those aren't awkward anymore. But when people ask me if my hubby is white---it just cracks me up. I've addressed it several times on the blog but for the record we're Afro-Latino. He just needs a tan! LOL.

      Delete
  3. Love how you answered the questions.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! Awkward questions deserve awkward answers!

      Delete
  4. The random things ppl want to know is weird to me. I am very private and feel my private life does not have to blend in my blogger life. Like the two shall never meet. Never!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooo, which toe is your longest? Do you fold or scrunch your toilet paper? Which do you like better, hands or feet? Lol

    To some people a blog and your personal life are one and the same, I guess they never got the memo. I think ignoring the weird questions works well for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Igging it is typically my way to go lol. #dontjudgeme Ha-ha! But a lot of these questions I've been asked more than once or twice so I figured why not answer?

      Delete
  6. Lolest I can't believe that someone would actually sit down and take their time to send you an email for the specific reason of asking you such awkward questions! I figured you're a private person coz we don't know your name KLP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I have a follow up question? What is a sorority? Alpha for me, living in Europe, sounds greek?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc is the first Greek lettered college sorority established and incorporated by women of color in the United States. A sorority is a college organization composed of women who through leadership and service work improve social and economic conditions of the communities where they are located and abroad.

      Delete
  8. We all know our favorite bloggers are "friends in our heads," so I get personal questions being asked. I think it's great people feel the blog is such a comfortable and inviting place being run by a great lady they want to know everything about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! I dip my toothbrush in baking soda too, that's after rinsing it with water and before adding the toothpaste. I keep telling people that I am 5'5", but I think I am really 5'4":-) I only get asked questions when receiving and award from my fellow bloggers. They are mostly blog related. It was good to learn a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baking soda trick is totally working for me. But the hardest part is remembering to do it especially when I'm in a rush!

      Delete
  10. Wow really? Wow.
    I love your answers. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks Sandra. I'm sure that I'll get a few of these questions again lol!

      Delete
  11. lol I didn't notice your nose was pierced.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally relate. I'm a private person too which is why my blog is centered around hair and it's uncomfortable getting personal questions. I laughed at the Minion 1 and Minion 2

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!