Wednesday, September 23, 2015

2 Ways To Install Clip-In Extensions Without Leave Out | The #WashDayExperience

Headband Technique

I think that the most important part of a long term protective style whether it be braided extensions, weave, or wigs, is that it actually protects your real hair AND doesn't cause damage. I mean---the last thing that you really want is to have nasty breakage to deal with when you're trying to grow out your hair.



The cool thing about Kurly Klips is that the chances of breakage are pretty slim. You don't have to blend your real hair with the clip-ins to get a natural look plus there's also no stress on your edges. I know I know---it sounds a little too good to be true---but I promise---it's legit.

Headband Technique

Thanks to Lana's (the genius owner of Kurly Klips) amazing YouTube videos, I figured out two ways to install my Kurly Klips without leave out.

Headband Technique

What you'll need:
  • Two sets of Kurly Klips. I used one set each of the Shoulder Chic and Mermaid length from the My Fro collection. I like using two different lengths to create a blunt full hemline and increase the volume. Volume is your friend when you're not leaving out any of your real hair. It helps hide the wefts plus---its cute!
  • 2-3" head band ( I use Goodie Ouchless Hair Wraps)
  • Hair ties
  • Hair pins

Reverse Clip Technique
 Here's how I install my Kurly Klips without leave out:

  1. First, I moisturize and seal my real hair. (Click here to see what I use and how I do it) I pull it back into a low pony tail and secure any shorter sections with hair pins.
  2. Starting with the Shoulder Chic clips, place 3 clip weft from ear to ear about an inch above your nape.
  3. Place the 4 clip Shoulder Chic weft next.
  4. Next place three of the 2 clip shoulder chic wefts side by side.
  5. Then,  place the 4 clip Mermaid length weft. 
  6. You'll have a small area remaining at your crown. You can fill this area my adding your remaining 2 clip wefts horizontally using the headband technique. Just hide the wefts with a simple headband and fluff the hair. OR...
  7. You can use the "reverse clip" technique to create an invisible part. First, snap a Mermaid 2 clip wefts backwards at the edge of your part. The volume makes the clips appear to be growing out of your scalp. (Hello AWESOMENESS!) Repeat until you fill in your crown area.

Reverse Clip Technique

Here's a video for my visual learners!


So what do you guys think? Which no leave out method do you like the best?


How was your #washdayexperience?



12 comments:

  1. the last method is pretty cool... but they're both super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I really love the reverse clip technique. I mean---it's pretty genius honestly! But I can't lie---it takes a little getting used to, so you have to really practice placing the clips so that it looks natural. The Headband Technique is definitely more forgiving.

      Delete
  2. I prefer mine without a leave out to protect my hair as much as possible. I will be wearing mine more in the winter since they are hot. It will be a great way to protect my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the headband technique because its just super easy to place the clips and cover them quickly!

      Delete
  3. I like both methods but i this number is my favorite..... any rate you look super cool and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I'm not that great at the reverse clip technique so I usually do the headband technique so that I can keep my real hair completely protected.

      Delete
  4. OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH! This look is EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!