Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Natural Hair Length Check 2015 | The #WashDayExperience



I just realized that I haven't done a length check ALL YEAR! Why didn't one of y'all tell me! *smh*

You see, the thing is that I've only ever done "straight hair" length checks. Always after a fresh relaxer and a good trim.

But---the problem with this logic, now that my hair is completely curly---I have NO desire whatsoever to straighten my hair. I don't wanna blow it. I don't feel like flat ironing it. I just don't wanna. *Pouts and crosses arms*


The likelihood of me straightening my hair any time soon is extremely low. So, today---I'm bringing you curly haired length checks via ruler! *the crowd goes wild* Ha-ha! (Ain't this better than a boring ol #washdayexperience anyway!?!?)

I washed and deep conditioned my hair per my usual routine then applied my leave ins and grabbed a ruler.  My bangs area is the shortest at 7 3/4". Which didn't come to me as a surprise. I had to snip the most from this section when I trimmed a few weeks ago. I also know that my bangs grow slower than the rest of my hair. The left and right sides of my hair are 9" each. While, my left nape is 8" and my right nape is 9".


The biggest shocker to me was how much healthier my hair looked. My ends aren't as frizzy and my hair looks moisturized from root to tip. My guess is that getting back to basics (deep conditioning with heat and co-washing at least once a week) is actually improving the health of my hair. I also suppose that the Jamacian Black Castor Oil on my scalp and ends is helping too.


I'm not gonna make any promises but I do hope to do another length check later this year (maybe on the anniversary of my BIG CHOP eh?). Then I'll actually have a good reference point.

How was your #washdayexperience? When was the last time that you did a length check?



26 comments:

  1. Glad your hair is doing great, Love your curls! What style are you rocking in this post? Flat-twist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! The semi-curls are from a bunch of haphazardly placed two-strand twists.

      Delete
  2. Yay for your healthy scalp and ends. Did you do a twist out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I'm so happy that my hair is back to it's normal stuff! The semi-curls are from a bunch of haphazardly placed two-strand twists. I've gotten into the habit of twisting up my hair as I apply my leave ins. Then afterwards I thought---hmmm...why don't I do a length check! LOL. So I pulled the twists out, fluffed my roots and grabbed the ruler.

      Delete
  3. i like the print on your top! and your twists look so well defined,! who says you need to flat iron to do a length check, that's what rulers and tape measures are for lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca! My dress is from H&M's summer collection. I was trying to get one more wear out of it before the cold rainy season!

      Realistically, I doubt that I'll straighten my hair any time in the near future. It's crazy how I went from the girl who flat ironed daily to the girl who flat irons once a year!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your length with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Nerline! Length checks are so much fun! (When I remember to do them!)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful.You are inspiring.Glad your hair is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me want to cut my relaxed hair off! Love love your hair and this style is fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can definitely understand not wanting to straighten your hair. Talk about W-O-R-K! Your hair is looking so healthy. I'm pulling out my castor oil now as well. It's about that time of year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Castor oil has always been really hard for me to use consistently. Fingers crossed that using Kurly Klips inspires me to use it more often!

      Delete
  8. You were pretty with relaxed hair and you're still pretty with natural hair. Tell me why you're glowing with natural hair though? For realz...you have a different kind of glow these days. I can tell you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay! I switched up my skin regimen! Thanks for noticing!

      Delete
  9. Cabelos lindo amei os cachinhos
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgeQXJjUpSQ
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graças chica! Desculpe meu Português é terrível!

      Delete
  10. Our hair is a similar length and shape, I love the definition of your hair here! But your skin steals the show!!!! You are LITERALLY glowing!!!! What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ebony! We're hair twins!

      I recently switched up my skin regimen! Thanks for noticing!

      Delete
  11. Love the curls...and thanks for sharing your length update. :-)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!