Friday, April 29, 2016

That One Time They Came For My Edges...

I live unbothered. Low key, happy go lucky, tunnel vision focus on my hubby, kids, and keeping my house from looking like a tornado hit it.

People, places, things---they just don't irk me or my high puff. We sit. We play. We chill.



Until that one time they came for my edges.

So here's the story:

I posted this volume check pic on social media with the caption: "Progress"



Less than 30 seconds later someone wrote:
"I can tell especially the edges"





Hold up bruh...

I had to look at what I posted again...just to make sure that I wasn't tripping. That some trolling computer gremlin hadn't switched up my post with somethang cray cray.


Nope...no gremlins, no glitches, no vampires...no mistake.

That comment was meant for ME...and MY EDGES...

Then I am like...DID HE JUST COME FOR MY EDGES???

Nah...He couldn't have come for my edges...




That before pic doesn't have edges laid by the GAWDS.

Those sideburns won't swooped for days.

There ain't nothing sleek or slick about it..

But honey, I'd rather have thick full frizzy edges than not have any at all.


Yes...THAT was a READ. 

The worse part:

After his rude boi unmerited shady comment...

I got a TON of questions asking how I grew back my edges...


*hangs head*

I politely answered, reiterating that won't nothing wrong with my edges before here's a link to my regimen, be blessed and highly favored blah blah...

But I'm still kinda salty.

When did slayed and laid edges become that IT thing? Do my baby hairs have to be sleek and slick in order to sit at the healthy hair table? Is that what we consider progress? And does that mean that if you don't---folks have the right to come at you for your edges?

Idk y'all...

I'm just not feelin it. And for my laid edge social media quality control brotha...

I don't wanna sit at ya table cuz you mean and rude anyway...




RANT OVER.

Whew...Glad to get that off my chest. 

Now I'm gonna go play in the rainbow glitter and positive pixie dust storm that that unicorns left in the backyard.

What's your take on "laid edges?"

Besitos!
KLP

22 comments:

  1. Until I got into hair blogging, I never even knew that laid edges were a thing. I've never had an issue with mine despite many years of neglect on my hair and I think that's because I've always left them alone! I've tried out the fresh to death edges thing and it looks nice but it's just not for me. I like big fuzzy frizzy hair! Also no one should be coming for my fave blogging queen like that tbh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

      YASSSS LAM!!!!

      I was born with these thick frizzy edges and ojala que (God willing) I'll die with these thick frizzy edges!!

      The number 1 thing that you can do to "regrow" your edges is to stop fooling with them! Leave them poor hairs alone and let them do their thing. LOL

      Thanks for listening to my rant!

      Delete
  2. They really tried it.

    My edges refuse to stay laid. Lord knows I tried. I've learned to accept it the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tried and failed.

      I noticed that my edges "behave" better when they are adequately moisturized---as exhibited by the after picture...lol.

      Nonetheless---In my daily non bloggity activities I could care less about how
      smooth and sleek my edges look because it's really not that serious!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You edges are beautiful, that mean person should take a leisurely walk off a bridge. Keep on enjoying the rainbows and unicorns, my awe inspiring blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOLOL!!! YAAASSSSSSS! Mess with me and my edges then I might have to have my positive pixie dust clique COME FOR YOU!

      *I'm feeling like a G right now*

      Can you tell?!?


      Thanks for your kind words Michelle! YOU DA BEST!!!!

      Delete
  4. hahaha had me cracking up!
    Aint nothing wrong with your unlaid edges boo.
    Keep on slaying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's why I love me some you Abbi!!!

      Me and my unlaid edges will continue to sit here unbothered by the social media trolls!

      Delete
  5. Oh my people have the nerve! There is nothing wrong with your edges, blow some pixie dust on them. Social media is too much at times! Smh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *BLOWS A TORNADO OF PIXIE DUST*

      LOL! Thanks for support chica!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! That is really bold and disrespectful. I'm so tired of keyboard gangsters. That may be a part of why I stopped talking about my hair on the blog. IDK. It just amazes me by the stuff that people say online that they know dang well they wouldn't say in person. smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREED! I don't mind putting my hair journey out there. That's me being vulnerable, available and that makes my soul happy. I love this little positive encouraging and kind community that's supported me but for the trolls...

      I have NOTHING FOR YOU 'cept "be blessed." Just killing them with kindness!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. "keyboard gangsters" I love that! 1/2 these ppl wouldn't say ish to your face....smh

      Delete
  7. I have never focused on laid adges before, then again i always relaxed 6-8 weeks so there was nutin to lay down lol. I don't even bother to lay my edges now unless i'm going for a sleek look. YOur edges looks great don't bother about the trolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tomi!! I'm just gonna leave the trolls were they belong: under the bridge so that I can keep it moving!

      Delete
  8. You crack me up, but I completely agree regarding edges. I don't even TRY to beat mine into submission because its a completely ridiculous standard to live up to and most of those that have "laid" edges have finer hair or hair of a looser texture than mine. I keep mine groomed and celebrate how thick and healthy they are. Blah to those who love to rain on the parade of others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Ebony!!! Thick and healthy edges are definitely more important to me then swooping and swirling my edges!

      Delete
  9. I beat my edges into submission some days, some days I don't. Unbothered! Trolls have started coming for me lately and most times I let it fly but just the other day I had to clap because on the real, I was not with it that day.

    Jay | RelaxedThairapy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people don't have anything else better to do then to undercover tear others down. It's sad but true. But at the end of the day---we have to define what healthy hair means to us and stand in that truth.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I can't lay my edges even if my life depended on it. Not even ecostyler can tame my edges.

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you aren't the only one! So stand unbothered by this silly trend!

      Delete
  11. first off I have to say that I thought this post was something entirely different. I thought it was going to be a story about something like, "I used this product and it just tore up my edges...downright ripped them out"

    LOL at least that's what I thought.

    Now about the whole edges controversy. People need to just stop. first off, I never understand why people have to be all up in somebody else head and business. What you choose to do or not do with your hair (or edges) is your business. Your hair is healthy and that's what matters.

    For me personally, I do lay my edges most of the time but I also have very fine baby hairs in the front that are easier to tame than the rest of my head! Then, there's days when I just don't feel like it (or have time) like..........today. On the days I don't lay them, I get the serious fuzzies (which I think is growing in hairs...or maybe even some combination of broken ones). Either way, it's a matter of preference and the look you're going for. Neither is better than the other.

    People need to just step back and look at their own freakin' heads (and the rest of their bodies too!) before they go commenting on someone elses!

    See how you got me all hot now LOL I'm all ranting with you!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!