Wednesday, October 14, 2015

[Hairstyle] Headband Braid | The #WashDayExperience


I didn't think that I would have this much fun playing around and styling my Kurly Klips! But today I'm back to share another, kinda sorta #washdayexperience with you guys starring this uber cute  Headband Braid.

I started by following my usual boring regimen. (You can find it here.) I've noticed that my hair has been crazy moisturized lately. Note to self to work in a legit protein strengthening treatment soon. After I deep conditioned my hair and applied my leave ins, I put my hair in about 20 twists then pulled then all back into a low pony tail to dry. In the morning, I arranged my Kurly Klip wefts into this crazy easy style.



Here's how I did it:
  1. Separate your hair into two parts leaving about 2 inches of your hair out in the front.
  2. Install your clips as usual in the back half of your hair using the "Reverse Clip" Technique shown here to maximize volume.
  3. Start your dutch braid at your ear. Continue braiding incorporating only hair on the right side until you get to your other ear. Finish the braid and secure with a small hair pin.
  4. Pin your hair back for a mini pompadour then fluff the back half of your hair.


This style keeps my hair out of my face while still allowing me to rock BIG BIG HAIR! As you can see, I left a very small bit of my hair out so that I could blend it back. It's crazy windy today here at the beach and I just couldn't get the clips in the front to act right. Ha-ha!

What do you think? Would you test drive this style?


23 comments:

  1. I keep hearing and seeing beautiful things about these Kurly Klips. I love this style on you, beautiful!

    http://www.theindiebyline.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These clip-ins are legit! I'm thankful every morning that I don't have to do anything to my hair! #winning!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  2. Love love love! You are working magic with those clip ins! But on another note about the car break in sitch... that is SOOOOO messed up!!! What is really wrong with this world. And the nerve of them to steal your cookie! Smh! Lol. But seriously that so sucks! I'm sorry that this happened to you! 😔 keep being your positive self chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!

      Sad but true---I'm still mad about my cookie. LOL. But I'm grateful that I never keep anything valuable in there. It would have been worst to loose something that was irreplaceable.

      Delete
  3. I love and love and love your hair and your curly clips suit you and look super natural... I wont tell if you don't lol

    your graphics are so interested how did you do them? if I may ask lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Lebo! So happy that my secret is safe with you! The animated graphic is called a .gif and I just created it with a bunch of the close up shots of the style. I used photoshop.

      Thanks for joining the #washdayexperience!

      Delete
  4. Wow those klips are so versatile! I love the different styles i have seen on you so far and they blend in with your own hair so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydz! I'm actually shocked at how well it blends in with my real hair!

      Delete
  5. So sorry about the car break in. Thank God no one was hurt and nothing was taken. I love how creative you are with these clip ins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super grateful that I don't make it a habit to leave anything of value in my car!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  6. You are rocking those clips really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your clips are working really well for you. Love how you're wearing them in so many styles. I wish I would have gotten the more kinky textured ones since I'm on a relaxer hiatus. The ones I have are more like a relaxed hair texture.

    Jay of www.relaxedthairapy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if you can make the clips that you have a little more textured? I noticed that when I brush out my clips while they are dry, then rinse them it gives them more volume.

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  8. gosh I LOVE these klips!!!! looking really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your clip ins, I'm definitely planning to get some now! So cute! Can't wait for my hair to grow that long :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Test drive the style? Girl I'm putting this in my style files lol. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!