Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mini Wash Day - 4 weeks post

Pin Curls

Hola Chicas!

I already have at least half inch/possibly one inch of new growth!! WTH!! I am like geessshhh! I will be heading to Hawaii mid-December *WOOT* and the way my new growth is going, I may need/want to touch-up early December which was not planned until Jan!! Soooo it's up in the air. I am also testing out a new product from Danielle at OddStrandOut. She calls it "Coffee Oil." I'm thinking that it would be great as an oil treatment on my scalp the night before wash day. Here's how my wash day went:
  1. Detangled with my Magic Rake comb.
  2. Prepoo with Coffee Oil Mix/EVCO on my scalp and On dry hair, As I Am: Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner on length of my hair, making sure I paid special attention to my ends and roots. Then I sealed it all in with grapeseed oil. I sat under the hooded dryer for about 30 minutes and sat around for about an hour! I am terrible with heat...
  3. Tea Rinse with CC's Naturals Happy Hair Tea. and I love it! I think I am about ready to write a full review and share! :) 
  4. Smoothing Treatment with Roux Moisture Recovery conditioner over the tea in my hair and a cap. I then faux steamed my hair for about 10 minute in shower.
  5. Leave-ins: After my hair was about 85% air dry I applied  Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer and Organix Coconut Anti-Breakage Serum
  6. Low Blow Dry & Flat Iron: I lightly blow dried my hair to fully straighten...then on low heat, I flat ironed my hair and pinned curled it for the night! 
Pin Curls
 
Results:

I love the results....and although, I was not on #teamnoheat wagon this week, I feel that I did my hair justice by air drying majority and using low/medium heat for everything!! :) That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Lol. My hair was felt super strong but soft. It felt so different compared to my other deep conditioners. I definitely would want to try more of this particular DC in the future. I bought it primarirly because of the smell (haha!) but I must say I like it so far. I also noticed my scalp looked so healthy compared to other times that I've used it. I am not sure if it is the Coffee Oil Mix but I did notice a difference. 

Results


Fingers crossed that I can get the pictures of this wash day posted. My computer is being wack and not allowing me to upload but I did tweet them! So follow SavingOurStrands on Twitter!

Luvs!
Keyda

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow coffee oil mix product, I didn’t think the product existed or am I reading the post wrong? I tried making my own coffee oil mix some time back and oh my gosh, I got chucks of coffee on the carpet and had to aborted mission, the coffee did not blend in well with the oil.
    Sounds like you had a great wash day and great products!
    p.s I feel you on the temperamental computer, one minute you can upload pictures and next minute the upload button isn’t there hmmmm….:\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read it right! My post will be shared soon! :) but yesss still no luck...KLP will try from her computer....but yeaaa it just keeps being blank lol :/ smh

      Delete
  2. Have fun in Hawaii! If you are going to Oahu and find yourself needing a good stylist ... let me know!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to Oahu! Woot! I am hoping to last through the week but we shall see!!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!