Friday, October 02, 2015

The Best Products For Your Natural Hair This Fall | The #WashDayExperience



This fall I'm continuing on my quest to revitalize my curls and I'm also focusing on keeping my hair uber moisturized yet strong. In my part of the world, fall pretty much denotes our rainy/hurricane/flood season. Which basically means that I need to keep my hair up, ends tucked, and enjoy the humidity before the air gets cold and dry.


Here are 5 products that are making sticking to my basics a whole lot easier. A few, you've seen before and I really do owe you a real review on the others. Until then--here are my fall favorites:



Trader Joe`s Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner ($3.99) www.traderjoes.com

One of the most exciting things about our move last year to the beach was that THERE'S A TRADER JOE'S NEAR! #happyfeet I've had Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner on my try before you die list forever and I'm sooooo glad that I tried it. I've been using it to co-wash my twists after really sweaty workouts. The tea tree and peppermint refreshes my scalp and I find it really soothing to the areas of my head that are a little irritated from the clip-ins. At $3.99---It's easily my new favorite co-washing/pre-shampoo treatment for the fall.

Related: The Best Co-Washing Conditioners Under $10


Kurly Klips Clip-In Extensions ($179-199) www.kurlyklips.com


I just can't say enough about these clip-ins! The install is a breeze, it actually looks natural, and it lets me have loose hair without damaging my real hair! They are definitely an investment but totally worth it! If you're not really about that "not having access to your real hair while in braids, weaves, or extensions" life---then Kurly Klips are your solution.

Related: How I Protect My Hair Under Kurly Klips | The #WashDayExperience

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioner ($11.99) 


I really wanted to love Shea Moisture's Co-wash conditioner on my real hair but I just couldn't. It just wasn't quite moisturizing enough to use on it's own without having to follow it up with another conditioner. BUT using it on my Kurly Klips has been a DREAM. It's pretty for detangling and gives the clip-ins a fantastic scent.

Related: How I Wash My Clip-In Extensions 

 

Camille Rose Curl Maker ($22.00) 

Curl Maker is hands down one of my 2015 favorite products----and it's only September y'all! It's multi-functional. I use it to smooth my edges. I use it in wash and gos I use it to curl my ends when I do a twist out. It defines my natural coils perfectly, leaves my hair moisturized and offers a medium hold. I've even used it on my Kurly Klips to refresh the curls. #winnerwinnerchickendinner

RelatedThat One Twist Out That Was EVERYTHING!

L'Oreal Advanced Total Repair Extreme Reconstructing Conditioner ($4.99)


I don't want to over moisturize my hair, so every two weeks or so, I like to use this conditioner as a pre-shampoo treatment on my hair. I love how thick, rich, and creamy the consistency is. Plus, it's full of ceramides and proteins that strengthen the hair. The price is totally right for me...but it does have mineral oil in it. So, be careful. 


What products are you loving this fall?

Besitos!
KLP

12 comments:

  1. I am dying for those Clip Ins girl!! It looks so natural! Love!!!! I'm eager to try Trader Joes' but I don't think they sell it anywhere near me. This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I go into Trader Joes and buy one bottle of Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner. I'm not really the biggest fan of tea tree and I didn't want to get stuck with a conditioner that I didn't like. After trying it once---I went back the next day and bought 5 bottles. LOL! No wonder they can't keep this conditioner in stock! If you're anything like me---once you try this conditioner, you'll LOVE it!

      Delete
    2. Well now I gotta have! I need to fin somewhere that sells Trader Joe's ASAP!!! But dang Herbal Essences has my hooked on just about every version of conditioner they have!!! I need rehab! LOL

      Delete
    3. I think that the trader's joes conditioner is exclusive to Trader Joes. *sad face* Hopefully I'm wrong!

      Delete
  2. I do need to step up my conditioner game, my hair has been acting so gross. Your hair looks gorgeous and those clip ins look awesome. great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenna! It's funny because I always have more bottles of conditioners than I have anything else! I can't even remember the last time that I bought shampoo!

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely beautiful!! Those clip in are everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fluffy twist is just everything! day 2 is by best day!! I need to check out that post on protein. I think I am applying my protein wrong...

    then KLP do u have a degree in photoshop? your pictures are absolutely stunning all the time; what's your secret? sharing is caring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!

      Here's my secret: Take your pictures in bright natural light.

      I guess that my secret isn't so secret anymore huh? LOL!

      Delete
  5. You are gorgeous, KLP! And I believe you can do no wrong when it comes to hair. The fluffy twist out and the kurly klips look great on you.

    I've been wanting to try that Tea Tingling Conditioner from Trader Joe's and I think you just fully convinced me to go grab it up lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Thanks Drea! The Trader Joe's conditioner is amazeballs. As long as we live near a location, I'm sure that it will be on my staples list.

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!