Tuesday, October 27, 2015

[Hairstyle] Double Strand Braid Using Kurly Klips | The #WashDayExperience


Once upon a time I was actually able to do this style with my flat-ironed relaxed hair. Now that my natural hair is a whole lot shorter, I'm siced to have Kurly Klips to give me the length that I need to get'er done!

The simplicity of this style is disgusting. Honestly, I don't even think that it's completely worthy of a #washdayexperience post. But---I'm started to get bored of rocking big hair.  

I know, I know. I didn't think that that was even POSSIBLE! I just miss my simple updos, braids, and twists. *sad face*


So meet my Double Strand Braid---using Kurly Klips of course!

I started by following my usual boring regimen. (You can find it here.) After I deep conditioned my hair and applied my leave ins, I put my hair in about 20 twists then pulled then all back into a low pony tail to dry. In the morning, I haphazard unraveled the twists, split my hair into two with a heavy side part, then installed 5 two-clip wefts on each side.

Once the clip-ins were installed, I two strand braided each side. Viola! All done!

I told you that it was disgustingly simple.

But I liked it so much that I'll be testing out a few more braided styles this week. Double protective style for the win! #woot

What do you think? Sophisticated or childish?



22 comments:

  1. So simple and cute. I may try clip-ins for my next protective style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to get some clip ins!!!! They blend SO well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These Kurly Klips blend PERFECTLY! They just might be my favorite (hhj-related) thing of 2015!

      Delete
  3. My trouble area is twisting the back of my hair. I always feel like it doesn't turn out as it should, but it's still well worth the try! Cute style and I love the headband. I need to keep my eye out for accessories like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I added the headband to keep the style from looking too "childish." Even tho---I totally DID wear my hair like this for yeeeaarrss as a kid. LOL

      Delete
  4. Gorge!! I want that headband though!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna say that I picked up this headband from World Market---but I might be wrong!

      Delete
  5. Your hair is gorgeousss!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and elegant!! You have mastered the art of self braiding, how did you learn to do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure... I think that I just picked it up when I was a kid and it stuck. If you're having trouble hop on YouTube! You can find a tutorial for practically every single braid imaginable there!

      Delete
  7. I'm going to invest in a clip in soon, the ease of installation is amazing & you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dare I say it: Kurly Klips were one of my BEST investments all year! They are a little pricey, but definitely worth it!

      Delete
  8. "The simplicity of this style is disgusting." KLP I missed you! Only you would say that!!
    I am loving the creative things you are doing with these clip ins... You are definitely getting value for your money out of them.
    I want to get some clip-ins as well that I think will blend well with my relaxed hair and right now you are aiding my cause as you continue to come up with all these cool styles..

    err it goes without saying but thanks 4 the post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks chica!!!!!!!!!

      These clip-ins are definitely a worthy investment! And don't forget that you don't really have to blend your real hair with the clip-ins. My favorite way to wear them is with a headband covering the wefts and all my real hair protected! #winning!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!