Thursday, October 08, 2015

[Hairstyle] 3 Ways to Style Kurly Klips | The #WashDayExperience



Steps on soap box

*clears throat*

screams:

KURLY KLIPS ARE THE WORLD'S MOST VERSATILE PROTECTIVE STYLE EVER!!!!



(Kanye mic drop)

*giggles hysterically*

I'm not dramatic tho! Ha-ha! I guess that I'm just two steps past obsessed with my Kurly Klips. Please please please tell me that you're not bored to pieces reading about them!


My actual #washdayexperience's have been pretty boring. I follow my usual regimen. (You can find it here.) Then I put my hair in a bunch of random twists. At the least, I have 6 or 7 twists; At the most, I have 20 or so. It really depends on how much time I want to devote to the twisting process. I pull the twists back into a low pony tail then arrange the Kurly Klip wefts into whatever style I'm going for that day.

Which is why I say that Kurly Klips are the most versatile protective style ever. The styling possibilities are literally endless. Any style that I can do on my real hair, I'm pretty sure that I can do with my Kurly Klips.



Here are a few ways that I've been styling these bad boys over the last few weeks:

www.savingoustrands.com

Side Swept Curls


Two bundles of Kurly Klips give this look it's fullness. Using clip-ins of varying lengths gives it a cascading layered affect. I used one set of the shoulder chic and one set of the mermaid length clip-ins from the My Fro collection. Here's how I did it:
  1. Create a deep side part.
  2. Install several two clip wefts using the "Reverse Clip" Technique shown here.
  3. Unravel a very small section of your hair to blend and disguise the wefts.
  4. Using hair pins, secure the opposite side of your hair back across your hair. Fluff and go!
Quick tip: This style is an 8/10 on the BIG hair scale. So, if you're not comfortable with BIG hair, then it's not for you.

Warning: Wait until you are comfortable with blending your hair with the clip-ins before attempting this style, otherwise you might not get the desired look. In other words, you'll look like a hot mess. I'm just keeping it real with y'all.
www.savingourstrands.com

Pompadour


Again two bundles of Kurly Klips give this look it's BIG BIG hair look. This style is completely protective as no hair is left out. Here's how I did it:
  1. Install your clips as usual.
  2. In the bang area, install several two clip wefts horizontally to your hair line using the "Reverse Clip" Technique shown here.
  3. Shape and smooth the hair in the bang area back, forming a pompadour then secure with hair pins.
  4. Smooth back the sides and secure with pins for a tighter look. 
Quick tip: Twisting your hair into very large twists under the clip ins is the secret to this look. If you install the clips correctly, using the reverse clip technique, the volume from the clips creates the illusion that the clips are actually growing from your hair.

Warning: This style is extremely editorial. It's big. It's bad. It's fabulousness is off the charts. So, it's not really a "go to the store or run errands" type style. I mean, unless that's your level of daily fabulousness. If so, WERK IT GIRL!

www.savingourstrands.com

Angled Fringe

I adore this angled fringe because again, you don't need to blend any of your real hair with the clip-ins. Plus it's beyond adorable. Here's how I did it:

  1. Create a side part. 
  2. Install your clips as usual. 
  3. Pull the bang area towards your face, gently form the hair into a roll. 
  4. Secure the very end of your rolled fringe to the side. Fluff your hair and go. 
Quick tip: The key to this look is volume and lots of it. So don't be afraid to go bigger. Use as many hair pins as you need to secure the fringe area. Just make sure that your fringe is very "plump."

Warning: This style is sure to become a favorite. You probably won't want to wear your KurlyKlips any other way!

Which style do you like the best? How was your #washdayexperience?


22 comments:

  1. OMG! I can't make up my mind! I love all 3 styles, but that pompadour is sooo chic! You've got your Kurly Klip game down to a Tee! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Can you tell that I'm really loving Kurly Klips?

      Delete
  2. ❤️❤️❤️ My favourite is the pompadour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pompadour was sooo much fun! But it's definitely a "going out to be seen" type of style.

      Delete
  3. Love each and every style! The side swept curls might just be my favorite though, because that style looks so fun and flirty.

    Girl you need to be the poster child for Kurly Klips because you are definitely rocking them with the fierceness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the side swept curls is my favorite. It's playful and flirty!

      Delete
  4. I love all of them.
    Thanks for sharing your tips with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It was a pleasure Nerline! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. These kurly klip ins were made just for you! All styles you Try are really beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! These clips are really easy! Anyone can do it!

      Delete
  6. I love! I wish I could get them here. You're quite the expert, every single style is on point. Work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expert? Not even. When I say that these clip ins are easy---I mean that they are EEEEAAAASSSSYYYYYY! Fingers crossed that they ship to your part of the world soon!

      Delete
  7. they're all beautiful styles! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Urge to buy... rising! I actually am currently addicted to clip ins too but mine are kinky straight. As more hair comes in on my transition, I get more and more obsessed with curly hair so I really want these.

    I used to do the method where you attach the clips to loose hair and it made some gnarly tangles. I thought all the people saying it was protective were liars! But then you started posting and I realised I could cornrow/flat twist my hair and use the clips as a type of quick weave. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *M I N D B L O W N*

      Right?!? I swear that these clip ins have changed my hair life forever!

      Delete
  9. The more I keep seeing these clips, the more I know I have to try them!! They are very natural and look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mionna! I truly haven't been disappointed by these clips at all!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!