Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Meet My Natural Hair | Keyda Update


I cannot believe it has been this long since I have posted! It has been so much going on that sometimes I'm not sure if I have time to just BE! I am sure ALL of you know where I am coming from! #queenin #blackgirlmagic So, many hats, so many super women!

Well, I have realized that I have not received a touch-up since July 2014!!!!!! And it was a journey through a long year. In fact, prior to my wedding day, I had a ...


BIG CHOP! Yes, this is not a typo! I cut off the rest of my relaxed ends and am officially all natural! It has been AMAZING! I LOVE MY CURLS and have grown to love my "fro". Honestly, I was very timid about wearing my curls out as I have not seen my hair in curls since middle school. Of course, I  make that face the moment someone goes for my hair (you know which one!) and try to bite my tongue when asked how does my hair curl (normal response.."wash it"). *le sigh* I have learned to own it and walk confidently in my natural hair, so who knows when, if ever, I will get another perm. I still love a good blow out! Although, my last one was for my wedding!

Positives:
  • My hair is manageable.. surprisingly.. like really. While the tangles are not always fun, I am definitely more pleased taking them out compared to before. 
  • My scalp can breath! It has not been as itchy or irritated in-between my washes. 
  • I can literally just ... GO! Like, it's amazing that I can simply fluff and go! :) 
  • Confidence. This is not something about my "hair" but what has grown in me since going natural. I have always been a fierce one hehe but now I just feel so much more confident in any style I wear and feel no judgement. 
Negatives:
  • Laziness due to the fluffiness. Honestly, I have difficulty changing up my styles and remembering to wash at least 2 times a week. I hope to co-wash more often in-between my full-on wash days. (I need to do better)
  • Trimming. I really need to find a method so I will definitely be exploring some of the ways KLP was discussing here
I have grown to have a few "go-to" styles that are easy and manageable with my hair. However, as my hair grows, I try to mix it up and I definitely plan on trying Curlformers that KLP raves about! I cannot wait to give them a try! :)

Let me know what you think and how your journey is going!

xoxo
Keyda

8 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean when you say you have difficulty trying to switch things up. I swear, I was soooooo versatile with styling my relaxed hair but now I feel like I'm always doing some variation of a twist out. *shoulder shrug* Oh, and my trimming methods suck big time and I'm in desperate need of a good trim!!! We are >here< with that! Anywhoo, your hair looks fantastic and most importantly healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss!! But we gotta keep pushing through 😊 I am scared/excited for the trim hehe

      Thanks for support tho!

      Delete
  2. The health of your hair is ridiculous! You're proving that saying "Leave it alone and it will grow!"

    Can you share your favorite styles and new regimen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why we find it challenging to deal with our natural state of hair, but through time and trials and errors we will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy!! Your hair is beautiful, happy to see you post again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I recently cut the remainder of my relaxed ends off. It's was such a liberating experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a surprise! Congratulations on your new journey. Your fro definitely looks fluffy and soft.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!