Wednesday, November 19, 2014

[Hairstyle] Wash Day | Steam Rollers



I decided to stop being lazy and treat my hair to a full #washdayexperience this week after doing two oil rinses last week. I loved the way that my hair felt, but I did notice that the oil in my hair attracted all kinds of dust and dirt. And---it was pretty gross by day 4. So my suggestion is...don't be like lazy KLP. Only oil rinse when you're fully committed to giving yourself a wash day within 1-2 days.


  1. Pre-shampoo- I detangled my hair using a little extra virgin coconut oil separating my hair into 6 extra large bantu knots to keep my hair from tangling up again.
  2. Shampoo- Then I hopped into the shower and methodically rinsed each section, applied Jessicurl Cleansing Cream to my scalp then rinsed and moved on of the next section. This shampoo is so gentle that it doesn't need to be diluted.
  3. Deep Condition- After gently drying each knot (while it was still raveled) with a cotton t-shirt, I applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment from root to tip then massaged in a little extra virgin coconut oil to seal the conditioner in. I left it in overnight. 
  4. Detangling treatment- The next morning, I rinsed each section. applied a dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution, worked it through my roots and rinsed.
  5. Air Dried- I applied a bit of Chi Silk Infusion to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  6. Leave ins-I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner to moisturize and a dab of hair butter  to seal, then I blew out my roots with cold air to stretch it and set on Caruso Steam rollers for about 30 minutes.
 
The Results
I think that I like my second day Caruso Steam curls better than the first day. On day one--the curls are a bit tighter and don't flow as freely as I like. To persevere my hair at night---I pineapple. Sometimes I'll have to reset a curl here or there but considering that it only takes 5-10 minutes---it's worth it. My second day hair is more wavy and unstructured. If I had it to do all over again, I would have blown out my hair the day before then tossed in a few rollers the next day. I'm still learning.



Jessicurl Deep Treatment | Product Review
My love for Jessicurl runs deep. With every order, you get a free sample sized product. Because my strands and shampoo usually doesn't mix---I ordered the Cleansing cream. After all, why spend money on a full sized bottle of something that might only get a one and done. But this little sulfate free gem surprised me. It has so much slip that I almost busted my behind in the shower. (Or maybe that was due to my silly happy dance. *Kanye Shrug* I guess the world will never know) And it detangles. Yes. You read that right: A shampoo that ACTUALLY aids in detangling. I definitely owe you a full review. 


Jessicurl Deep Treatment and Too Shea don't disappoint either. Honestly---I wonder why I use anything else sometimes. Then I remember my debilitating illness. My ooohhh-look-at-that-new-conditioner/shampoo/leave-in cream/styler-that-I'm-compelled-to-try-even-though-I-have-enough-hair-products-to-style-a-small-country-illness. Product Junkism, why can't I quit you?!?!?

I digress. 



I wanted to look super fancy and sassy for our family pictures. We take pictures at least twice a year and we use them for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Birthday cards, mother's day presents, father's day coffee cups, Christmas calendars. We color coordinate. It's that serious and I don't care if you judge me. But I gets hype for picture day! And--yes---I already know that I'm weird. It makes me unique.

I loved my hair and totally loved the pictures. I just wanna hug my computer screen when these minions pop up.

How was your #washdayexperience? 

Besitos!
KLP



36 comments:

  1. Your family looks so adorable. Lovely pics! Maybe we need to start a support group for product junkie-ism. :-)

    Don't Touch The Hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica. And you're sooo right. We need help. At least we're not in denial!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute family pic! Your little girl's hair is so darn luscious too.
    I agree y'all product junkies need a support group. I could be someone's handler... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. She hates wearing her hair out. So, I had to bribe her with hot cocoa and donuts to get this look. LOL.But man...detangling that night took forever!

      Delete
  3. #nojudgement here. I am a boot(s) addict. I couldn't help, but noticing them. Your kids are too cute. I want to know more about the shampoo that helps in detangling, dear. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!!! You're so sweet Nerline! The boots are older than dirt.and scuffed like crazy but they're my faves! I've got a review for Jessicurl Cleansing cream on deck!

      Delete
  4. Your family is beautiful. Yes all have the same illness; I for one don't want to be cured at least not yet. I still have to buy steam rollers and curl-formers after that I'll join the support group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot of stuff to get before I can join. LOL. At this rate---I'll never be a member of the PJA Product Junkies Anonymous....

      Delete
  5. I'm sure you know how much I love your hair. Your family is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yemi! I feel like my hair was totally 70s inspired. Big fluffy and feathered!

      Delete
  6. Your daughter's hair is gorgeous! I had the same problem too last week, my hair got dirty from too much oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yalanda! She HATES wearing it down. Which I really don't mind. It keeps the tangles at a minimum. She'd rather have it up in a bun like mommy. Gosh...I love that kid! LOL.

      Delete
  7. Girl you are not weird at all, you're awesome! Love you and your daughter's hair wraps. You have a beautiful family=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all were wearing 20 layers because it was FREEZING during our photo shoot. So our headwarmers were function and fancy! LOL.

      Delete
  8. Love that family picture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a gorgeous family....the hubs and I need to do a better job at taking more pics. It really captures moment in time. Great job on an excellent wash day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of pictures of myself growing up, so I made it a promise to myself that I'd take a TON of pictures of my kids. I just love being able to see how they've grown and matured---plus how handsome the superhero hubby gets every year!

      Just be careful---I'm running out of walls to put up our pictures on! And no---I REFUSE to take down the older ones. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  10. Your family is so adorable. I miss my girls being that little. *tear* LOL! You know I love Jessicurl too. That has been on of my staple brands for years.

    Tiki | Grow It Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried using other moisturizers but they alllll fail in comparison to Jessicurl Too Shea! Have you ever gotten moisture overload from the Deep Treatment? I've never had moisture overload before but sometimes I feel like if I leave the Deep Treatment on for a minute longer I could get there!

      Delete
  11. Awww what a cute family! Actually I quite like color coordinated organised photo shoots. Please do a post on how you take care of your daughter's hair sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair is soooo low maintenance. I wash it twice a week, once with shampoo, the other rinsing with just water. Then I apply EVCO and a conditioner (I don't rinse) To style---she loves her hair in pigtails with the ends braided. And that's it.

      Sometimes I think---dang---why can't I get my regimen that short and simple? Ha-ha!

      Delete
  12. Your pictures are lovely. Do you combine your daughter's wash day with yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...not really but we use a lot of the same products. I wash her hair twice a week. Once with shampoo the other just a water rinse. Then I apply EVCO then conditioner (My faves for her hair are OGX Argan Oil of Morocco and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration),without rinsing put her hair into two pigtails and braid the ends.

      She only wears her hair loose once or twice a year---and only for family pictures. She hates wearing her hair down. LOL. I had to bribe her with hot cocoa and a donut to get her cooperation for the style in the picture. Which is just her pigtails unraveled with a little EVCO on the ends to tame the frizz. And once we were done she asked me to put it into a high bun---like she sees my hair in 90% of the time. I'm totally not complaining!

      You can check out more of our family pictures here: The Moment When I Feel In Love With My Hair

      Delete
  13. You have a beautiful family KLP! Love how you and your daughter head piece are coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter begged for a headwarmer after she saw mine a few weeks ago. Hers is totally glam crochet with pink sparkles!

      Delete
  14. oh i love your family picture days! and your hair looks awesome! I looked up steam rollers because of you hope my xmas present hinting worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're tooo sweet Yvonne! I picked up my steam rollers from Sally's Beauty a few months ago when I had a 25% off coupon. They're an investment---but totally worth it!

      Delete
  15. oh what a lovely family you have...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're blessed beyond measures Dabs! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizzy! I love those munchkins to pieces!

      Delete
  17. What a beautiful family and beautiful spirit you have! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!