Wednesday, December 04, 2013

How To Use Hair Chalk On Relaxed Hair

How To Use Hair Chalk On Relaxed Hair

Permanent color and relaxers typically don't mix but if you're looking for a quick, easy, non-damaging way to add a little temporary pizzazz to your tresses---you've gotta try hair chalk. Here are some quick tips to using it on textured or relaxed hair: 

Hair Chalk Do's:

  1. Always detangle, moisturize and seal first.
  2. Be gentle as you rub the chalk on your hair. Creamy or powdered chalks work best.
  3. Seal with a medium hold hairspray. I love a tad of Chi Enviro Flex Hold Hair Spray.

Hair Chalk Don'ts:

  1. Never apply to your roots; it will run if you sweat. Trust me on this one.
  2. Don't test drive this look while wearing an irreplaceable shirt---the chalk can be messy the first go around. 
  3. Don't skip your deep conditioning treatment with your next wash.
I really thought that I would look ratchet with my bright pink pastel ombre tips---but I kinda like it! And here's how I got that cute Romantic Low Chignon.

What color should I try next?

Besitos!
KLP

18 comments:

  1. *gasp* that is too cute! I have been wanting some color in my hair but shied away from dyeing it because I don't want to damage it or anything. This seems like it would be a great alternative!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And---if you don't like it just rinse, let it dry for a few minutes and try again! I really can't wait to try it again.

      Delete
  2. Lol not ratchet at all! I think it looks cute. I love highlights too much so I might have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could totally see you with copper colored chalk highlights!

      Delete
  3. love your highlight. this is something i will love to experiment with.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'm assuming it lasts til the next wash or cowash day?

    lengthylovelylocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink lasted about a day---it faded pretty quickly. But the gold highlights lasted for 4 days until I washed them out.

      Delete
  5. This colour is a definite hit! It looks more reddish than pink, maybe red should be the next colour you try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that the color would be more matte, but there is a tinge of sparkle in the chalk that I have...and I think that I like it! Ha-ha! Thanks for stopping by Yvonne!

      Delete
  6. Girl that pink is cute!
    I am planning to do coral and teal this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh... Teal is totally my color! Maybe that's what's up next!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE! Girl that hair chalk is tha bombness!

    Abbi of http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few brightly colored highlights would have you blending in, in Japan!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Candice! I'm probably too color for all of this but a girl's gotta have fun right?

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!