Saturday, February 15, 2014

Why I Love My Straightened Hair


The last time that I flat ironed my hair, I was convinced that my straight hair was out to get me. It got stuck on the clothing hook in my car, while it was down, I just knew that a spider was crawling on my shoulders, and I was constantly getting weave checked---by my family-friends! I just couldn't wait to wash my hair. However, this go around, I'm so in love with my straight hair. Here's why:

Easier detangling: I split my hair into a couple sections, gently finger detangle to remove shed hairs then moisturize and seal. Omgosh, not spending 20 minutes detangling, moisturizing and sealing is so dreamy.

Easier styling: Hello, updos, buns, and braids. My hair did exactly what I told it to do. I didn't have to worry about my edges or having to use a ton of tension to smooth my hair.

Easier Oops Coverups: It's been almost 2 weeks since I last washed. Ewww....I've got some icky oily gross hair. But, I've got errands to runs and thangs to do. So I've been sporting this threw a cute satin lined wool floppy hat. Shh...don't judge me. I'm washing later tonight! I promise.


I'm sad that my straight hair is leaving, but I'd be lying if I didn't miss my big hair! What do you love about your straight hair?

Besitos!
KLP

15 comments:

  1. I love my straight hair because it holds moisture better, less likely to break, easier to detangle and last but not least, you get to see your length!

    After about 2 days, I get bored with flat ironed hair because it starts to fall flat! I love me some big hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Lashanda. After I took my length check pics...I bantu knotted my hair and its been that way ever since. Ain't no body got time for flat hair!

      Delete
  2. I actually only really wear my hair straight after my relaxer and I really miss it during my stretches. That hat looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't plan to straighten until December 31 for an end-of-year length check, but I am starting to crave it a bit! It is definitely easier to detangle and keep moisturized, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely wear my hair straight anymore but I always find my hair a lot easier to style when it is straight. I love your hat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the manageability of my straight hair but I think that I'm starting to prefer big hair! *Gasp* I really can't believe that I just said that! LOL

      Delete
  5. Ur hair looks great! I testify to straight hair being sooo much easier. I always opt for it when out of my typical environment, like vacays, due to the ease.

    Abbi of BelowtheWaist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we vacation to the water, straight hair isn't even logical. My 2-3 straightening session would be ruined in a matter of minutes from the heat and humidity!

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks lovely. I love the same thing, easy maintenance and less time spent on caring the for the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree! Styling your hair is so much easier! I've been dealing with serious tangles, but after my visit to the salon this weekend to get a rollerset my hair made the cutest bun with ease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss Court! Two seconds to bun and that's it! No worrying about smoothing my edges either!

      Delete
  8. One more for styling with ease. Once my hair is straight, I can achieve my sleek super high bun!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!