Thursday, February 20, 2014

Braid Wrapped Bun | Pinspired


Pinterest is the ultimate to go unleash your inner creative foodie, unique fashionista, and intriguing abstract artist. Of course, being all things hair obsessed, SavingOurStrands has hundreds of captivating and cute styles for you to be inspired by when that bun gets too boring. So, I'm putting a little pep into my protective style step with a monthly series recreating PINspired hairstyles.

SIDEWALK ready
PINspired Sidewalk Ready Braid Wrapped Bun
  1. Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. (My hair was previously flat ironed).
  2. Create a deep side part then section from top of crown to ear. Clip out of the way.
  3. Smooth the rest of your hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
  4. Take the remaining loose section, braid going backwards, then wrap it around your bun. 
  5. Pin until everything feels secure.

Here's the video from Kayley at Sidewalk Ready for my lovely visual readers:



Tips and Tricks:
  1. Skip the mesh donut- I know, its very tempting to try this look with a mesh donut. But I promise you that you will not get the same "swirly" bun affect. If your hair is at least shoulder length (maybe even a bit shorter), you can pull this look off by twisting your hair around in a bun and securing with pins.
  2. I can't braid- No te preocupes por eso chica! A double strand twist will look just as stunning. 
  3. Do I have to back comb? Heck no! The best thing (and the worst thing) about textured hair is that we wake up with big hair. I'm not a back comber and you don't have to do it to achieve this look. 
What have you been PINspired by lately? Add a link to your fave below. (Even non-hair related links are allowed!)

Besitos!
KLP


26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley! I'm so happy that I stumbled upon this look!

      Delete
  2. OMG gorj!! Look at that shine you got going on too!
    I hope I can recreate as well as you did!

    Abbi of BelowtheWaist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For such a simple look, it makes a bold statement. You'll have no problems recreating!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! That's ridiculously dirty hair shine. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  4. Love the bun and the shine in your hair!

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Evalyne. I did this style on super dirty flat ironed hair. It really hid the fact that I need to wash!

      Delete
  5. Love this! Ever since I cut my hair, I've been focusing a lot on up-do's and low buns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that this is an awesome protective style to keep your ends tucked away this winter.

      Delete
  6. Super cute! Luvss.... I may try tonight! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinterest is very inspiring, This style is super cute, I will be trying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely beautiful girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this bun....I've been in a protective styling rut so I think I may give this a try for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE! If only my hair was long enough to do this style! Love how yours came out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christina! If your hair is at least shoulder length (maybe even a bit shorter), you can pull this look off by twisting your hair around in a bun and securing with pins. Keep things loose and your bun will look really full!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!