Friday, May 29, 2015

30 Day Squat Challenge, Cardio Kickboxing & Calorie Tracking | #FitnessFriday



It's #FitnessFriday update time! Thanks to my renewed motivation (and your amazeball encouragement) I'm totally back on my workout/healthy living grind! Since the hubs out saving the world and the in-laws are several hours away, I've been on a mission to find new workouts to fit into my disgustingly hectic schedule. I'm siced because I think that I've found a couple of things that are sticking!


Refinery 29's 30 Day Squat Challenge:
My friend sent me the link to Refinery 29's 30 Day Squat Challenge with the message was "I challenge you to a dual!" Squats are simple moves but super effective at firming up the booty, back, and legs. So far, we've done 4 days of the challenge. And omgosh I can feel it my calves, glutes, and hamstrings! Let me know in the comments if you wanna join the challenge too!



Cardio Kickboxing
Since my schedule is crazy hectic and something is always coming up, I took to YouTube to find some fresh new workout routines to get me sweating. When I was a gym regular---I LOVED cardio kickboxing. So imagine my surprise when I found this 50+ minute kickboxing routine that I can do anytime from my house! First of all, let's talk about this instructor. HE IS INSANE. Just the way that I like 'em! Ha-ha! He NEVER stops moving and he has fantastic musicality. If you're one who is wary of at home workouts because you're not sure if you'll give it your all---this video is for you. I promise you that you'll be sweating buckets by the end!



Calorie Tracking
To continue my calorie tracking adventure that I mentioned last week, I created a food plan using my FitBit app. I entered my current weight and desired weight then determined what intensity I'd be willing to commit to. The awesome thing about the FitBit app is that they do the calucating for you. You can select the "Easier" plan where you'd lose .5lb/week by cutting your calories by 250 each day. It also shows you how long it will take for you to achieve your goal. Of course, being the crazy person that I am, I selected the "Hardest" plan that has me set to lose 1.5-2lb per week.


With my Food Plan squared away, I faithfully tracked every single thing that I ate. And to my complete and utter surprise, I've lost 3 lbs! Now I know what you're thinking---that's just water weight. And it might be but I drink almost a gallon of water every day (which I also track using my FitBit---see why I'm in LOVE with my FitBit?!?). I've almost eliminated my terrible habit of snacking late at night while I'm up working on projects plus I've finally started to understand what portion control really means. I'm much more intentional about if I'm eating because I'm bored or if I'm actually hungry. I'm super proud of myself for it! I'm finally just as committed to working out as I am to eating well. I'll keep you guys updated to see if I can keep it up!

Hows are you doing with your summer fitness goals? Share an update with the #FitnessFriday crew!

Besitos!
KLP



10 comments:

  1. I'm headed back to my boot camp to put in some hard work this summer!!! Since food is 70% of getting in shape happy to hear you have found your balance and what works for you. It is truly liberating when you figure out what works best for you as far as how you are eating. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diatta! I'm beyond excited about how well I've been able to stick to it!

      Delete
  2. congrats on finding your balance. i would love to give to 30 days of squat a try, what's the deets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I'm super stoked!

      You can find the dets for the squat challenge here: http://www.refinery29.com/how-to-do-a-squat!

      Delete
  3. Kudos to getting back on your fitness, KLP! I'm down to do the 30 day squat challenge as well. Since today's the 1st, I figure it would be a great day to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time like the present! Here's a direct link for the dets of the squat challenge: http://www.refinery29.com/how-to-do-a-squat

      Delete
  4. My fitness routine has suffered for months and I'm ready to get back on that horse now. I just registered with a gym and I want to do the squat challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for getting back in the gym chica! You got this. Your determination and persistence is admirable!

      You can find all the details about the Squat Challenge here: http://www.refinery29.com/how-to-do-a-squat

      Delete
  5. Great! Seems like you have a good plan!
    What are you working with? I mean, I think I recall you said you had your own buisness but do you work from home or go to an office?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey chica!

      Thanks for stopping by. I work from home.

      Happy #FitnessFriday!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!