Monday, May 04, 2015

[Review] Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream


It's no secret that I'm not a fan of shampoos. More often than not, shampoos would strip my relaxed hair causing it to be dry, brittle, and tangle like crazy. I can honestly say that there was only one shampoo that I liked when I was relaxed AND I still love it now that I'm natural: Matrix Hydrasource Shampoo. But now---thanks to Jessicurl, I have two!

Price: $16.99 USD
Buy It At: www.jessicurl.com
Promises: "Before starting Jessicurl, I used to hate the one or two days a week I “had” to wash my hair. I knew it had to be done but dreaded suffering through 2 - 3 days of fluffy, puffy, dry frizzy hair that resulted from washing with traditional shampoos. By the time it calmed down and the natural scalp oils were replenished, it was almost time to do it again. Seriously, I was traumatized by shampoo.

That’s why when I was developing Hair Cleansing Cream, it was very important to me to break this horrible cycle. :-) With Hair Cleansing Cream, you can wash your hair and have it look good on the SAME day! I know, it’s hard to believe, but it’s true. Hair Cleansing Cream is a gentle, moisturizing cleanser that doesn’t create tons of lather but will clean your hair and leave it quite soft. It’s best suited for thicker, drier hair types that need more moisture, and is also safe for color treated hair."

Ingredients:   Aqua (Water), Decyl Polyglucose, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate (*These ingredients are naturally occurring active ingredients found in the essential oils used in some of our products.)

My Thoughts: I love this shampoo!  Didn't strip my relaxed hair; Didn't cause tangles in my transitioning hair; AND actually moisturizes while it cleanses my naturally curly hair. I always detangle before I shampoo and this is one of the only shampoos where my hair stays detangled after shampooing.

The consistency is a bit runny---not at all what I expected from a "cream." The color is slightly opaque and with an iridescent sheen. A little goes a long way and it actually creates a lot more lather than you'd expect from from a sulfate free shampoo. My scalp feels fresh and clean and any buildup on my strands is completely removed with one lather. I noticed that my curls are always more defined and softer after after each use. Although, I still only shampoo once or twice a month---I don't think that this shampoo would cause any damage if you used it once a week. Unlike my other fave shampoo, I don't dilute this shampoo when I apply it to my hair.

Have you ever used Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream? Would you buy it again?

Besitos!
KLP


2 comments:

  1. Finally, found a proper Hair Cleansing Cream. Thanks so much for the write-up about Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream. My friend did tell me about it but I wanted to research a little more about it before I purchased it. Just bought it from the place you suggested and can't wait to receive it :)
    Ruby Coleman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shampoo that cleans without stripping! I hope that you hair loves it too!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!