Friday, May 08, 2015

3 Workouts To Try This Summer | #FitnessFriday



Living 10 minutes away from the beach has a ton of advantages. One of my favorites is that there are tons of outdoor sports that are relatively inexpensive (or better yet completely FREE), super fun, and will keep me from getting bored in my workouts. Here are 3 outdoor workouts that are on my to do list this summer:

Hiking:

During the summer, I despise being inside the house. I wanna feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair! Being in a beach town, we have a ton of really wonderfully maintained state parks with fantastic trails. Which is why this chica is totally stoked to go hiking! I can't wait to take pictures of the beautiful wild flowers and most of the trails are easy enough that I can take my minions with me!

Source

Sunrise Yoga:

Because life is crazy hectic, I really need to schedule time to recharge and refocus. Which is why I'm siced for sunrise yoga. I want to start with a sunrise sun salutation practice once a week (probably on the weekends) in my back yard by the pool. Hopefully, I can bring a little zen back into my life!

Source

Barefoot Sand Run:

No summer workout plan is complete without a barefoot sand run! Running on the sand is crazy hard---now add in the fact that you're barefoot and you've really got a challenge! Fingers crossed that I'll be able to make it to the beach before it gets crazy busy with tourists!

How are you changing up your workouts for the summer? I need some fit-spiration!

Besitos!
KLP



4 comments:

  1. 10 minutes to jog to the beach? Sounds lovely! And a perfect distance to be sweaty enough to throw your self in the Water when you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. Unfortunately I don't live in a country that has a beach.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...that stinks! Hopefully you can still take your workouts outside this summer!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!