Tuesday, April 15, 2014

8 Things That I Learned to Love About My Hair....And It's Also My Birthday!


If you didn't finish your taxes yet...stop reading this and go DO IT NOW. Ha-ha! If you've you already have---Throw some confetti with me chicas! It's also my birthday! I'm immensely grateful and totally thankful for each one of you guys for letting me share a little part of your world! SavingOurStrands totally has the best e-cheer squad in the whole wide world! I love that I have a place to share what I've experienced and learned about life---y si que claro my hair with you! To celebrate my birthday---here are 8 things that I've learned to love about my hair in the last year:


  1. I love having long(ish) hair: I dream about getting one of those sexy lobs (long-bobs) all the time. Especially when I'm fighting one SSK after another, but when I'm done---I'm so happy that my patience and commitment to my hair is paying off with length!  
  2. I love my hair color: It's not brown---but not quite red either. The summer streaks it with highlights. I've even thought about using henna to enhance my natural color. Maybe this is the year that I actually do it!
  3. I love my air dried hair: I'm starting to realize that I actually like big hair! I've fought it for so many years but bantu knots are seriously my thing now. I've done a set at least once a week for almost a year now.
  4. I love my bangs: My bangs are my security blanket. For two really silly reasons: I have a big forehead and I feel like my head is quite large for my body. Ha-ha! I feel so naked with my hair completely slicked back. Thank God for face framing styles!
  5. I love tea rinses: Because I shed madly, tea rinses have literally saved my strands---from falling on the floor. I don't think that there is a coincidence that my shedding has dramatically decreased since I started tea rinsing on a regular basis. I been experimenting with a few new tea rinses ingredients that I'll share soon!
  6. I love that my bestie loves her hair too: I truly adore my friendship with Keyda. She's charming, witty, and always tells me that you can never have too many deep conditioners!
  7. I love that I don't have to straighten my hair to love it: Last year at the beginning of my heat detox, I really struggled with styling my hair. Ugh...I had sooo many blah days. I was so in love with my straight hair that I felt icky with big hair
  8. I love my curly roots: So much so that I'm actually considering an never ending this stretch. Did she just say what I think she said?!? Maybe...maybe not. The jury is still deliberating!
Besitos!
KLP

44 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks chica! Are you ready for this weekend?!? I'm soooo excited!

      Delete
  2. Ohh I love the braided hair on the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! I really need to do that style again!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday #teamaries!! are you trying to transition without telling us??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #TEAMARIES!!! #woot!

      Trust and believe that you guys will be the FIRST to know if I'm transitioning, big chopping, or going completely bald! Right now I'm still calling this a stretch...a ridiculously super long maybe even counter productive stretch....Ha-ha!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, Darling!! (in my fake British accent). Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday KLP and thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!! There are so many April babies!! woop woop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Doll!!!!!!!!!!! So many reasons to love our hair. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only hair that you got, might as well love it right?!

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday chica!!! Here's to plenty more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday KLP! I hope you had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated birthday girl, Hope you enjoyed the day. No 2 & 7 apply to me as well.

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazzzyyy how in love with straight hair I used to be. Now the thought of straightening my hair makes me tired! Ha-ha!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  12. Happy Belated Birthday!!! May God bless you with many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated Birthday!!! I hope that you had a wonderful day. Be blessed!~a fellow Aries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy belated birthday!
    may God bless you with many, many, many more!

    :)
    vanessa
    grace-and-gratitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!