Wednesday, February 25, 2015

[Hairstyle] Curly Upsweep (Perm Rods) | #WashDayExperience


My natural regimen and my stretching-turned-transitioning regimen hasn't been all that different. Plus so far all of my favorite products since work like a charm! Thank ya Jesus! Here's how my #washdayexperience went:




  1. Extreme Deep Condition- As I detangled my hair in sections, I applied Jessicurl Deep Treatment from root to tip then massaged in a little extra virgin coconut oil to seal the conditioner in. I covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap again for about an hour. 
  2. Air dry- After rinsing the deep conditioner, I blotted my hair with a cotton t-shirt, applied a little extra virgin coconut oil in sections then wrapped it in the t-shirt to dry a bit more.  
  3. Leave-ins- My hair was about 80% dry when I applied a mist of Nexxus Humctress Luxe Leave In, Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner and a dab of my hair butter then I set my hair on a mix of purple and white perm rods. I let them dry overnight. 

The Results:

My hair loves everything about Jessicurl Deep Treatment. It's crazy thick, dreamy creamy, and simply one of the most moisturizing deep conditioners that I've ever used. If they ever changed the formula, I'd cry. No seriously...I'd cry ugly Oprah crocodile tears. That's how much I love this stuff. 


I co-washed a few days before this #washdayexperience so I didn't shampoo. My scalp felt clean and my hair was actually well moisturized. I probably could have waited another day or two to wash but one thing that I've discovered since chopping is that my hair behaves a lot better when I wash every 3-4 days as opposed to washing once a week. I sorta knew this before I chopped but dealing with the tangling between all my textures just didn't make bi-weekly wash sessions it worth it. It seems to be a mortal sin to wash more than once a week around the healthy hair community but whatevs y'all. If it works---it works. If it doesn't---it doesn't. So far---it's working. 


I'm in love with the way that my curls turned out. The mix of purple and white rollers gave my curls dimension and a fullness that orange rods hadn't since I chopped. To style, I pulled all of the curls up and to right side then secured with a bunch of pins. Easy peasy!

How was your #washdayexperience?

Besitos!
KLP


40 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh!!! I love love LOVE!!! Seriously KLP, you're killing me. You bring it every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind Yemi! I literally did nothing to my hair! Just some well placed bobby pins!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. almost tired of gushing over KLP's hair!

      Delete
    3. You're too silly chica! I love your hair too!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this! I was just at Sally's eyeing the Perm Rods yesterday. I grabbed a pack of flexi's instead, but I think I'm going to head back over for the perm rods. Both were on sale. How many packs do you use for your head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey chica! Thanks! I used one package of both the purple and white. I just sort of alternate the colors as I install them. You can find a pic of the way my installation looks here. I didn't use end papers this time tho.

      Delete
  3. Love what you do each week; you make me want to transition (just a little).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! You can totally get this look with relaxed hair too!

      Delete
  4. KLP, what size rollers are you using like the diameters? You can post the links to post if you have already discussed this before. There's finally a shop here in South Africa that is doing US imports so i can actually get better perm rods now.

    i STRUGGLE to get rollers e.t.c. for these new lengths that i am getting to in the shops so i want to make sure that if i am importing its the right size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome chica. Here are the sizes that I used for the look above:

      Purple (Orchid)= 5/8'' http://www.sallybeauty.com/short-perm-rods/SLNCAR34,default,pd.html#q=perm+rods&start=2

      White = 9/16" http://www.sallybeauty.com/Perm-Rods-Long/SLNCAR33,default,pd.html#q=perm+rods&start=3

      Fingers crossed that you can get your hands on some! XOXO

      Delete
    2. Kangopie, you should tell me when you are coming to Zim. I can kill for some magnetic rollers right now :)

      KLP those curls are beautiful.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Yvette! Fingers crossed that you guys can get some! Order extras because if you are as clumsy as I am, you'll find a way to break the rubber string that holds the roller together. SMH.

      Delete
  5. KLP, thanks for the tutorials on the previous style. Once again, your style came out flawless. I'm definitely going to attempt recreating them someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat chica! Let me know when you do! I know that it will be fabulous!

      Delete
  6. Your hairstyle is flawless as usual! how is it possible that so many different hairstyles suit you always? :-)) lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I pulled my hair up because the curls were really tight and I had cardio kickboxing on the agenda. LOL. I'm just excited that it worked out. I swear that I'm just winging it chica!

      Delete
  7. You keep surprising me with your updos!! They are always so on point!! Love!!! Trying to be like you girl LOL. I tried bantu knots this week and some day, I will try perm rods!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmhmmn, now those are curls! Look at that definition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where is the love button. You nailed it KLP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Files under *hairdos to try* - and my list is growing longer each week filled with your styles! Awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your curls look amazing!!! its so lovely to find a product that your hair just looooves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am still trying to figure out a way to copy your last hair style, like I told Keoshia! Now this one is just too beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could totally pull this style off with your marley updo!

      Delete
  13. You are flawless with these styles! I share the same comments as each of the ladies above. I look forward to next week's style. #nopressure lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder how you manage to get these perfect styles in every week! You inspire me but somehow I cant get myself to install rollers on my own or even Flexi Rods. How long do the curls last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Evalyne! This set lasted 2 days---before I went beast mode at the gym! With less sweat---I'm sure that they could last for 3-4 days

      Delete
  15. I love your updo! Such cute curls <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Curls on fleek!! LOL. First time ever using that word and it works perfectly for what you got going on. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here i am back on this post a year later looking for perm rod sizes again!! even the comments have great information. Still loving it KLP.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!