Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Best Natural Hair Products of 2015


I can officially say that I'm a reformed product junkie.

*applause please*

I spent all of 2015 purging my stash and only keeping products that I knew I couldn't live without. Now I'm praying that they're never discontinued! (You do it too...don't get bougie on me now. Keep it 100!) 

Here are my favorite natural hair products from 2015!

How I Used Kurly Klips To Protect My Natural Hair

1. Kurly Klips

I talk so much about Kurly Klips that it's even starting to annoy me! I just need y'all to understand how deep my love for these thangs go! When I said that they are the most versatile protective style for your hair---I meant E V E R Y word of it and they are worth every penny.


2. Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner

I had Aubrey GPB on my list of conditioners to try for ages! In late 2015, I finally went ahead and took the plunge. My hair thanks me for it. While I haven't posted a full review, last just say this: I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff. It makes my curls smooth, strong, but still pliable and soft. My hair is perfectly balanced---oh and it smells really great too. I know that my hair really likes protein so I wasn't surprised that my curls loved it. If you're looking for a gentle mild protein conditioner---Aubrey GPB is your guy!


3. Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Treatment

Whenever my hair feels BLAH...I know that it's time for a clay mask. Bentonite Clay is amazingness in a jar. It's moisturizing, detoxifying, a shine enhancer, frizz eliminator----just curl defining goodness. I mix it up with a little apple cider vinegar, glycerin, and aloe vera juice to form a conditioning mask, cover with a plastic cap for a little while, then rinse it out. BOOM. And just like that it feels like I have a head of new "act right" curls. 


4. Jessicurl Deep Treatment

So Jessicurl Deep Treatment isn't new for 2015. But, I've reaffirmed my love for all of it's creamy moisturizing goodness. I just adore this stuff. So if you are dealing with dry, brittle curls---give your hair a dose of Jessicurl Deep Treatment and I guarantee that you'll be joining me on the mountain top singing Jessicurl's praises. Oh and remember when I told you guess that Jessicurl was coming to a brick and mortar near you? Well you can grab the line in Sallys now! #winning



5. Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker

This is the product that I didn't see coming. I'm minding my own business in the curl girl aisle in Target, when an older lady passes by. She has the most beautiful curls---we strike up an conversation that ended up lasting an hour! Anywhos, she recommended Camille Rose Curl Maker and of course I went ahead and bought it! Everything that she said about it was true. While it's technically a gel, it doesn't flake or make your hair too hard. It's has a light/medium hold. And it's actually moisturizing. Oh and it smells AMAZING! A little goes a long way too. My first bottle lasted for about 3 months. I'm on my second bottle now.

My favorite Twist out of 2015 using Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker

I'm totally keeping these gems in my stash for 2016. What products did you discover in 2015 that made the cut? Share them (and your review) below! Fingers crossed that I don't have a relapse in my product junkie ways!

Besitos!
KLP

8 comments:

  1. OMG we have so much in common My list has GPB, bentonite clay and a host if CRNa products on it. I've been using Gpb for years and when Whole Foods has a sale it's only $5!! I use it as a prepoo mostly mixed with coconut oil. If you haven't tried it that way, do
    So pleeeease. You will thank me later :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRILLIANT IDEA CHICA! I'm totally using that tip in my next #WashDayExperience!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely heading to target to get the Camille Rose curl maker because Eco Styler does not work for me. Your list is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo! I'm excited for you! Just one tip: you don't have to use a lot. I used a little too much once and it flaked up a little on me. Fingers crossed that it works for you!

      Delete
  3. I wear a lot of protective styles and am always looking for good products to use, so I appreciate these recommendations. Your hair looks strong and healthy.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope that one of my faves becomes your fave too!

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  4. If I had not done a small haul for Black Friday, I would definitely be trying out a couple of these. I'm making an agreement with myself to grow my hair out some and stop the breakage before I narrow it down to just a handful of products. This reminds me to get into the 2016 Use Up Your Stash Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If took me FOREVER to use up all of the random things in my stash. So I think that you're totally on the right track about cleaning out your stash before buying anything else!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!