Tuesday, January 19, 2016

[Review] Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner

  

I know that it's not really a popular stance for ladies with naturally curly hair to love protein, but my hair just loves Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner---and it's loaded with protein. Here's why:

Breakage. THE ENEMY. I just cringe when I see those little itty bitty broken strands of my curls in the sink. Sure, my hair isn't supposed to be unbreakable but when I use protein regularly to strengthen my curls, I see less breakage. I also retain moisture better and longer. 

Curl definition. I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff. It makes my curls smooth, strong, but still pliable and soft. My hair feels perfectly balanced (moisturized but strong)---oh and it smells really great too. The ends of my curls are always POPPIN and perfectly clumped when I deep condition with GPB.

Slippage. Yes. Slippage is a word y'all. (Google it if you must...lol) Anywhos, GPB has some of the best slip in a conditioner that I've ever used. Apply a little of this stuff on your knots and VIOLA! The tangles just melt. Plus, my hair stays detangled after rinsing. Real talk, what more can a curl want?!?

I've used it both as a pre-shampoo treatment and as a deep conditioner and both ways yield fantastic results. You can check out the details on how I've used it in my #WashDayExperience here

And here are all the specs---just in case you're interested:

Price: $9.99 USD

Purchased at: The Vitamin Shoppe and Amazon

Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), brassicyl isoleucinate esylate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), brassica alcohol, glyceryl caprylate, glycerin, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract**, phospholipids**, milk protein, salvia officinalis (sage) oil*, ricinus communis oil (rice), citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, alcohol, equisetum hiemale (horsetail) extract, fragrance, gluconolactone, arginine, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract*, sodium benzoate. *Organic **Glycoprotein Natural isolate blend sourced from essential oils D015 Certified to NSF/ANSI 305 by QA

Promises: Feed your hair a healthy, balanced diet with our # 1-selling conditioner.
Nutrient-rich, protein-based GPB rehydrates and re-energizes your hair. Glycoproteins strengthen hair fiber, repair damage from salon treatments and restore softness manageability and shine. Our most popular product ever.
Nourishes & strengthens for full, shiny, healthy hair. 100% Natural Ingredients
No Parabens or Petrochemicals



14 comments:

  1. This is mt boo! This is the new formula which I like as much as the old. Did I ever use the old formula?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey chica! Nope---I never used the old formula. I've only been using this conditioner for about 6 months but I LOVE IT!

      Delete
    2. The major difference is the new formula has a tingly feel due to the peppermint oil.mi like them but but the added EO is definitely a bonus

      Btw, I'm back in the hospital with my son - kidney stones are evil!

      Delete
    3. Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that chica. Continued prayers!

      Delete
  2. Love your review, sounds like a fantastic product one should try.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair does well with milk protein, it is egg protein that I have a problem with. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh snap! So is this a protein conditioner that you can use?!? *does happy dance*

      Delete
  4. I've actually heard that this product works very well too, especially after protective styles. I tried to find it in stores but was unsuccessful. I just bought a new deep conditioner that they use at the salon, so I'm going to try this out long term to see what kind of results I get. I'd definitely consider this one if this trial is unsuccessful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mionna! I usually order mine online from the Vitamin Shoppe or pick it up in person from Whole Foods. Good luck with your new conditioner!

      Delete
  5. I WANT THIS CONDITIONER!!!!! Great Review KLP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yemi! Honestly, I have no clue why I waited so long to try it! It's fantastic!

      Delete
  6. I bought this conditioner because of one of your mentions in a wash day post last year; I liked it...but I didn't "love" it. I think I agree with your thoughts except for the slippage part, I found I got better slip with Joico Kpak and even ApHogee Two Minute Keratin treatment. But I had been wanting to try this for years and I'm glad I finally did with your little nudging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! So it may not be a staple product for you but it works well! I'm still gonna call that one a WINNER. #woot! LOL

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!