Wednesday, January 20, 2016

[Hairstyle] Vintage Tucked Updo For Natural Hair | The #WashDayExperience



My fishtail from last week lasted through a two hour hardcore soccer practice and three days of sweaty 5 mile runs before my yucky scalp begged to be co-washed. (In case you're wondering, here's how I co-wash) I tossed my hair into a bun and left it there until today's #washdayexperience.

Here's what I used:


Extreme Deep Condition: Audrey GPB Conditioner + Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Leave ins- Almond Oil + Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner + DIY Hair Butter




This week's #washdayexperience theme is "Something new" so I grabbed my new fave Aubrey GPB. Thanks to an amazing tip from Michelle over at FineNaturalHairAndFaith, I applied the GPB to my dry detangled hair and then sealed the conditioner in with Coconut oil. (Here's why I love that coco!) I let the conditioner absorb into my hair overnight and rinsed in the morning.

After rinsing the conditioner, my hair felt AHHMAZINGGG! Like omg omg omg I can't stop touching my curls AHHMAZINNNGGG...

And now Aubrey GPB is definitely a winner! I applied my usual leave ins and put my hair into a few large twists. Then I used hair pins and a Scunci Upzing (Buy your own here) to create this cute little Vintage Tucked Updo.



✓ Ends protected?
✓ Hair stretched?
✓ Crazy quick style?

Woot! What do you think? Yay or nay? And let me know if you want a tutorial on this style!

Besitos!
KLP




20 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm
    So glad you liked the addition of coconut oil. Next time save a step and mix the coconut oil into the GPB - works like a charm 😀

    Also a yay to the hairstyle 👌🏾 your updos always look so complicated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another amazing idea chica! Girl---You got me over here feverishly taking notes! TEACH!!!!!

      Delete
  2. You always have the most amazing hairstyle; I want to be just like you when I grow up LOL. It is a Yea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Your a mess chica! Just wait until you see the tutorial---I promise that this is easy peasy!

      Delete
  3. Love your hair! Coconut oil definitely gives an extra zest to DC. I also add honey and olive oil to my DC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage indeed! It's really looks nice KLP. Are you able to keep this style in for longer than a day without having to redo it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question Becca! Last night, I pulled out all of the pins and wrapped my hair. Unless the twists unravel, I'm thinking that I can just re-pin it in the morning and call it a day. I'll let you know next #WashDayExperience!

      Delete
  5. Love your Vintage Updo!! Your styles give me so much life!!
    P.S that fishtail braid was a keeper through all that working out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! That's exactly what I was thinking about my fishtail braid! That thang was a trooper. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  6. That updo is so cute. How do you do it? If I even tried something like this it would come up a hot mess. LOL. You've got just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a lot harder than it actually is. I promise! I've got a tutorial in the works! Fingers crossed that it's posted next week!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. You are very quick to create fun protective styles!Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomi! Y'all know that I love my updos! They are almost like an uniform for me.

      Delete
  8. Yay for the updo! and yea a tutorial would be great!



    www.hairvolutionbybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it chica! The tutorial will be posted next week!

      Delete
  9. Aubrey GPB is the truth! Funny, it was my "something old". Love that stuff. Can't wait to repurchase.

    Naija girl next door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh, idk why you let me sleep on Aubrey GPB for so long Sandra!!! That stuff is amazing! I just picked up 2 extra bottles for my stash.

      Delete
  10. Really vintage the hairstyle is! Plus I love the hair clip/grip real cute:)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!