Saturday, February 08, 2014

SOS Mini Wash Day - 8 weeks post {Keyda}


Hola Chicas!



Products
So, I realized that I did not post about my last relaxer! It was a very quick decision because I wanted to fly out to Hawaii with sleeker hair (less stress in managing my hair) hehe. It was a self-relaxer and I used Creme of Nature... I love this brand for my hair. I will have a length check at my next relaxer. I also plan on stretching to at least 12-15 weeks this time....we shall see. I think a good stretch is perfect during this time because it is too cold!! haha I have been relaxing at 10-12 weeks prior because I noticed my hair retained more length/roughly same without the stretch.

Side w/ individual braids
[1] Detangled with my magic comb... There is somewhat more shedding from my hair, WINTER is here! :( However, I will say that the shedding is extremely far less than I have had in previous years so I do not feel as though I am LOSING ALL of my hair.

[2] Pre-poo with JBCO/Essential Oil Mix/Philip Kinglsey Scalp Toner on my scalp and Organix Moroccan Argan Creme Conditioner with focus on the roots and CHI deep reconstructor with focus on the length of my hair. I sealed with Virgin Coconut Oil.

[3] Co-wash with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

[4] Tea Rinse with CC's Natural Happy Hair Tea 

[5] Air dried 50% then I braided up my hair. I decided to braid it into a style. Individual braids that were braided into a larger one with a side french braid. 


French Braid 


My hair was very soft and manageable. I am hoping for little shedding as I comb it out over the weekend. I plan on curling my hair in the coming weeks to help stretch with a few braid outs. I really hope I can last haha. My scalp has been lovely. I admit that I can have a DRY/ITCHY scalp however my scalp has been rarely if at all irritated in between my washes recently. I am soo relieved with this. 










Does you scalp get irritated more easily in winter or summer? 


xoxoxo 

muahz

Keyda 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I don't really see a difference in my scalp due to the seasons but thats maybe because i've never paid that close attention.
    Pretty braids btw :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!